M4 Effects - call for ideas [download available]

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks AndreasD. The only thing I'd like personally is a sequencer much like an electribe as I mentioned elsewhere. Though I don't think that's possible is it? I don't know how it would work? Perhaps it hosts the synth?

Correct, I can't do a sequencer. That would be a job for Jo.

ok thanks anyway :)

A chord synth a la Chordspace Playa would be awesome - not sure if it mighn't be already possible even as I type!

You play a C, out comes C major 7. :hail:

There are "1 Note Chord" and the "Chord per Note" patches in the Effects/Event Processors. It's a 3 note chord only, but the patches are so simple, you can add a 4th... note by yourself. And it's simple transposing, no chord intelligence behind it! You can't do math or compare in M4. That's Reaktor and such.

Yes - I figured such a thing must be possible with the event modules etc. but it only ocurred to me after posting. I really haven't fathomed the depth of the modular MuLab world yet.

No, it wouldn't be the jazzy chord-brain I was talking about but very interesting nontheless.

:)

AndreasD wrote:There are "1 Note Chord" and the "Chord per Note" patches in the Effects/Event Processors. It's a 3 note chord only, but the patches are so simple, you can add a 4th... note by yourself. And it's simple transposing, no chord intelligence behind it! You can't do math or compare in M4. That's Reaktor and such.
can you put a note delay or even randomize the start times of the notes in chord per note?

heres another idea: paralell processing such as compression where theres also eq and saturation on both lines. maybe delay compensation built in to eliminate phasing? and perhaps multiple inputs so you can just add another signal to the buss while in the modular area. would you be able to open a mux in a rack that had multiple inputs?

@DiGiT: All that should be possible.
The 'Midi Delay' in the factory effects section does delay and transpose as default. If you go inside, the Event Delay has Random parameter, which you can try. Don't use too high random values, or you need the Panic button due to note hang.

A Parallel Compressor is already in the factory lib. I will add saturation and EQ in one of these days.

At the moment there is a new reverb in the pipeline. This time for the acoustic musicians. Sounds promising :) but quite some work to do.

DOH! im an idiot. why didnt i see that one? :oops:

also the 'dry/wet' module works as a cross fader. Image

AndreasD wrote: At the moment there is a new reverb in the pipeline. This time for the acoustic musicians.
:hyper:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “MUTOOLS”