Black Magic: Sample Trigger Options?

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've Read the Big Fine Manual!

I was hoping to find a way to trigger a sample to play all the way through, but couldn't find anything.

Is this possible? Or is playback limited to the sample start for the length of the sequencer note? I guess it must be the note, as I don't see any way to tie notes for a longer note.

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Unfortunately no, the only way is to use release time as they are simply triggered and each sampler is monophonic.

Thanks for the reply.

Is this something beyond the 'future update possibility' category because of the basic program architecture?

It would be too bad if it were, as sample triggering options and sample start/ end loops could take BM from a grooving beat box loop generator to a 'Oh my Gawd' sampler.

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

It's something I'd have to look into, it was actually made a few years ago back in the days I was using a 3rd party sample engine and so I'm too sure off hand. It was also made when CPU concerns were much more of an issue and so I probably didn't implement sample hold for that reason, everything is based on trigger/Release.

One thing is for sure though, Vortex will have sample Triggers at some point.

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”