Black Magic: Relocate Samples/ Kits Folder?

Official support for: hgsounds.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I didn't pay close attention when I was installing (on Win 7 x64) and my HG Sounds folder ended up in my C root directory.

For several reasons, I'd like to relocate it, i.e., pulling samples off a different drive, space for storing loops or adding samples to the kit folders, etc.

I'm liable to have the whole arsenal of HG Soundl before I'm done. :)

Will I have to reinstall each one by one (now ARP, Introjector, Black Magic and Vortex) to a new directory relocation? Or can I just reinstall one of them and then move the rest of the files there?

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

:)

Easiest way is to uninstall the BM Sample Content and then re-install to your desired location :)

Or tpo do it manually:

find the following file on the root of C:

C:\HGSounds_Black_Magic.txt

Open in notepad. Inside there is the path to the samples location etc... So if you move all the BM related stuff to a location elsewhere on your hard drive you can manually edit the path here.

Hope that helps!

Perfect!

So, as long as that text 'ini' file is in the C root, I'm golden?

Como
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

yep :)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”