All MeldaProduction effects updated to 6.00beta and MAutoVolume released !!

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was a bit sceptical of the knobs at first, but now that I've updated I like them.

The new GUI's are very nice.

Thank you!

A couple very minor niggles about knobs:

1) I would have expected more standard modifiers:
- Ctrl click and/or double click for knob reset
- Shift drag for finetune

These functions are there, but bound differently (even though coherent in the whole Melda suite); any chance to have an option to switch to the above behaviour?

2) The white dot for current knob position is not always very noticeable, something more visible, even though not too much, would be welcome.

Thank you!

- Mario

mabian wrote:A couple very minor niggles about knobs:

1) I would have expected more standard modifiers:
- Ctrl click and/or double click for knob reset
- Shift drag for finetune

These functions are there, but bound differently (even though coherent in the whole Melda suite); any chance to have an option to switch to the above behaviour?
No I'm afraid, the current behaviour is shared among all controls in our software and therefore has to stay like this. I even think our controls are better and more logical.

mabian wrote: 2) The white dot for current knob position is not always very noticeable, something more visible, even though not too much, would be welcome.
Well, we'll see, not at the moment, but in the future it may be possible.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok, thank you; then a small feature request for both faders and knobs:

using ALT as an "elastique" modifier: alt-dragging moves the knob, but releasing the mouse instantly reverts to the previous value; quite useful to try variants (REAPER does it for its faders) without losing the current value

- Mario

mabian wrote:Ok, thank you; then a small feature request for both faders and knobs:

using ALT as an "elastique" modifier: alt-dragging moves the knob, but releasing the mouse instantly reverts to the previous value; quite useful to try variants (REAPER does it for its faders) without losing the current value

- Mario
Ok, I'll add it to to-do list, but I'm not sure if there is any modifier left...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok, so it won't be alt, because it is colliding in the sliders, but you will simply press escape or backspace ;).
Vojtech

In the internal browser of MMultibandConvolution would it be possible to have the mouse wheel control the scroll bar? At the moment it changes the selection in the active window which means I'm constantly changing folders when all I want to do is browse the file system. Quite annoying and also contrary to regular window usage.

I also noticed that I was getting a lot artifacts when using MMultibandConvolution. I tried turning down the level of the sample feeding the plugin and also the internal input gain adjustment but still had the same problem. Any tips?

Sometimes when I adjust a knob and release the mouse button I was getting the manual input window (where you type in a parameter value) pop up. When I didn't notice it's presence I was unable to adjust any other parameters in the plugin until I'd closed it which was a bit annoying. I also got a crash in Ableton 8.2.7 when using backspace in the same window.

I also noticed that in the installer the windows suggested I was installing version 5 of your plugins. I'm sure you'll update that but it had me confused for a little while.

I'm using OS X 10.6.8 if that's any help.

MeldaProduction wrote:Ok, so it won't be alt, because it is colliding in the sliders, but you will simply press escape or backspace ;).
Cool, thank you very much for listening.

- Mario

Hi Vojtech,

I have a bit of a problem here: I have a rather large project in Reaper that uses Melda plugins. I started the project when 5.06 was the current version. I updated to 6.0b now and the project opens fine after I removed the trailing "64" from the DLL names. But now Reaper hangs as soon as I try to save the project.

I don't have the latest 5.xx installer anymore so I can't revert to the working version. On your site only the newest version is available. Can you PM a link where I can download the latest 5.xx version of MTotalBundle 64bit to check if the issue is related to the Melda plugins?

Regards,
Andre

Edit: I tried a clean re-install of 6.0b (after having removed the Melda files in AppData/Roaming) but the issue still occurs.

Edit: I also noted that when I open the project the CPU usage goes up to 60+% (on an i7 2600k) even when not playing, but the usage doesn't appear to come from any plugin. Weird... Also, Reaper even hangs when I try to close the project.

paterpeter wrote:Hi Vojtech,

I have a bit of a problem here: I have a rather large project in Reaper that uses Melda plugins. I started the project when 5.06 was the current version. I updated to 6.0b now and the project opens fine after I removed the trailing "64" from the DLL names. But now Reaper hangs as soon as I try to save the project.

I don't have the latest 5.xx installer anymore so I can't revert to the working version. On your site only the newest version is available. Can you PM a link where I can download the latest 5.xx version of MTotalBundle 64bit to check if the issue is related to the Melda plugins?

Regards,
Andre

Edit: I tried a clean re-install of 6.0b (after having removed the Melda files in AppData/Roaming) but the issue still occurs.

Edit: I also noted that when I open the project the CPU usage goes up to 60+% (on an i7 2600k) even when not playing, but the usage doesn't appear to come from any plugin. Weird... Also, Reaper even hangs when I try to close the project.
Kinda similar problem here. I was just trying new MEqualizer version in Reaper and same thing happened to me - Reaper freezes on save or stop when I have more than 3-4 instances of this plugin.

Hmmm, seems that there are some direct problems with Reaper with some of you. Do you have the newest version?

Anyway here's the link to the previous MTotalBundle:
http://www.meldaproduction.com/download ... _setup.exe

Could you send me the Reaper projects (no audio, just the project), so I can check?
Vojtech

I re-installed 5.06 and everything is back to normal. Saving/closing works and CPU usage is down to ~8% when not playing. So it's definitively a v6.06 thing. I'll send you the project by e-mail.

Edit: mail sent.

Thanks! I'll check it out. Btw. isn't it possible that you use a wrapper? I mean do you use both 32-bit and 64-bit plugins on a single machine?
Vojtech

poopcola wrote:In the internal browser of MMultibandConvolution would it be possible to have the mouse wheel control the scroll bar? At the moment it changes the selection in the active window which means I'm constantly changing folders when all I want to do is browse the file system. Quite annoying and also contrary to regular window usage.
Ok, added to to-do list.

poopcola wrote: I also noticed that I was getting a lot artifacts when using MMultibandConvolution. I tried turning down the level of the sample feeding the plugin and also the internal input gain adjustment but still had the same problem. Any tips?
Can you check it wasn't a CPU overload? In the case try increasing buffer sizes (and hence latency). Convolution reverbs have some "limit" under which the CPU cannot process it in time.

poopcola wrote: Sometimes when I adjust a knob and release the mouse button I was getting the manual input window (where you type in a parameter value) pop up. When I didn't notice it's presence I was unable to adjust any other parameters in the plugin until I'd closed it which was a bit annoying. I also got a crash in Ableton 8.2.7 when using backspace in the same window.
I know about it, will be fixed. The backspace crash however cannot be fixed that easily, it's Live speciality... Though I thought it is fine now, I'll check once more.
poopcola wrote: I also noticed that in the installer the windows suggested I was installing version 5 of your plugins. I'm sure you'll update that but it had me confused for a little while.
Fixed too :).
Vojtech

I've downloaded the demo of MAutoVolume because it was favorably mentioned in Sonic Talk #256 (first at 34:00 and then recommended at 48:03):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr4gjRb-NtE

The PDF manual explains the controls, but doesn't tell me how to actually use it. I have it on a track in Live's Arrangement View, and the meters show the audio. Now what do I do? Is it supposed to write automation, or do I just set the In and Out gain and leave it?

Thanks!
Dave Burns
Lowell, MA

More equipment than skill...

Return to “MeldaProduction”