NI Massive in the year of 2012

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been hesitating to buy this synth for many years. Once again I'm considering to get it - and this time because of huge amount of available presets. Is this still valid piece of software ? Any ideas where to get this as cheap as possible - 179€ is quite a lot, is it?

Another question, what this wavetable synthesis offers sound wise over VA ala Synth Squad, Diva etc?

Thank You

DELETED

wow, I did not know Massive costs that much.
I have it included in Komplete and atm I use it a lot, together with Absynth.
I love the preset management and the sounds as well.

Massive is beautiful, can do sounds no other synth can..it has unique filters and wavetables, check the demo and decide for yourself
One of the nicest banks is called Massive Threat, go check that out...

cheers!

Try TAL NoiseMaker, you can get good wobbles out of it.

Also, maybe give NI RAZOR plus the free Reaktor Player a spin, could set you up with a sort of an unofficial "Massive LE" for less $$$.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:Try TAL NoiseMaker, you can get good wobbles out of it.

Also, maybe give NI RAZOR plus the free Reaktor Player a spin, could set you up with a sort of an unofficial "Massive LE" for less $$$.
Except that neither sound anything like Massive.

You can usually find Massive used. Try putting out a WTB in the marketplace. You might also want to look for a used copy of an older Komplete, like 6 or 7 which would have Massive for not much more plus lots of other stuff.

I've been looking forward to a Massive 2 for some time, but it already does what it does quite well. About all I could think of wanting would be automatable oscillators on/off. ;)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:

You can usually find Massive used. Try putting out a WTB in the marketplace. You might also want to look for a used copy of an older Komplete, like 6 or 7 which would have Massive for not much more plus lots of other stuff.

I've been looking forward to a Massive 2 for some time, but it already does what it does quite well. About all I could think of wanting would be automatable oscillators on/off. ;)
..and a wavetable maker/editor :)

Just check the KVR Market Place - Right Now there is a Komplete 5 for sale for not much more than Massive costs (€220 + Postage) which includes Absynth 4, Akoustik Piano, B4 II, Battery 3, Elektrik Piano, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt 3, Massive, Pro-53 and Reaktor 5. There is also a Komplete Synths for sale for around €120-€130 which include Absynth 4, FM8, Massive and PRO-53.

(says the man selling the Komplete 5 :wink: )

The only synth where I would say it's a competitor is U-He Zebra and Zebra is more expensive.

oneummon wrote:I've been hesitating to buy this synth for many years. Once again I'm considering to get it - and this time because of huge amount of available presets. Is this still valid piece of software ? Any ideas where to get this as cheap as possible - 179€ is quite a lot, is it?

Another question, what this wavetable synthesis offers sound wise over VA ala Synth Squad, Diva etc?

Thank You
I know it's more of an economic stretch, but to me, buying individual NI instruments isn't cost effective unless you really only want one and not the others. (I went down that path myself.) If you are interested in getting more, then you might want to consider saving up for NI Komplete (standard). I was able to get it using a store coupon that reduced the price $100 here in the states at Guitar Center. Otherwise, you may be able to find a similar deal somewhere.

I completely sympathize if this approach may be too difficult, but I'm just tossing the idea out for your consideration.

OC

Buka wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:

..and a wavetable maker/editor :)
Oh ya that would be cool too.

I guess it's too much at the moment. And buying a single synth over komplete might be unjustified in the long run.

What about all those 3rd part presets available - do they make any difference? I remember Massive back in the day when there was no tutorials or additional presets...

oneummon wrote:I guess it's too much at the moment. And buying a single synth over komplete might be unjustified in the long run.

What about all those 3rd part presets available - do they make any difference? I remember Massive back in the day when there was no tutorials or additional presets...
Would probably help if you said what you were into. Plug-In Guru's pack is great, there's Vengeance /Adam Baker for trance and noooo shortage of untagged, half-assed dubstep banks.
Personally I think Zebra, Electrax/Gladiator, Dune are more interesting synths but YMMV.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

simonden wrote:Just check the KVR Market Place - Right Now there is a Komplete 5 for sale for not much more than Massive costs (€220 + Postage) which includes Absynth 4, Akoustik Piano, B4 II, Battery 3, Elektrik Piano, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt 3, Massive, Pro-53 and Reaktor 5. There is also a Komplete Synths for sale for around €120-€130 which include Absynth 4, FM8, Massive and PRO-53.
These are both great. B4 II and Pro-53 were both great synths (Pro-53 benefits more from oversampling than any other synth plug-in I've used) and neither is currently available from NI.

If you can get an older version of Komplete, it's WELL worth the money. Not only Massive, but Absynth, FM8, Kontakt, Reaktor, and Guitar Rig. What I paid for Komplete I think averaged out to about $50.00 per synth. Total no-brainer.

Return to “Instruments”