where's mini-spillage pro

Official support for: audiospillage.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiospillage wrote:Pre-order customers will receive the plugin on Monday. Hopefully this will help dispel any rumours of us taking the money and running off to Bermuda. To be fair it has been a very very long wait.

Best regards,
AudioSpillage
thanks for the reply, will keep an eye on my inbox.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

Yeah, it's been long a wait, but looking at the feature list and realising I only gave up $25 bucks for this a while ago I'm not too disappointed.
Looking forward to this arriving on Monday (is there a fingers crossed emoticon?).

Monday ? Perfect, can't wait !

audiospillage wrote: Samples can be looped (forward and alternated forwards/reverse looping available).
Will we be able to alter the start and end points with either the internal or external modulation?

I pre-ordered to basically repay the gift that is mini-spillage. :wink: I'm not sure why it took longer than expected (except everything always does :lol:) If it was personal stuff going on that's another story and I can understand not wanting to share that with strangers. But some blog posts or emails wouldn't have hurt, like, "x bug is kicking my ass - need more coffee" and a few short sentences on the progress, explaining some feature, or maybe a bit of insight into the design process.

Ftech - guess you never found an emoticon for crossed fingers!?

jonahs wrote:
audiospillage wrote: Samples can be looped (forward and alternated forwards/reverse looping available).
Will we be able to alter the start and end points with either the internal or external modulation?
At the moment no but let me know what you had in mind exactly! Currently the sample start frame and loop start/end points can be edited in real-time graphically. Perhaps LFO modulation can be added as a 2.x update.
jonahs wrote:I pre-ordered to basically repay the gift that is mini-spillage. :wink: I'm not sure why it took longer than expected (except everything always does :lol:) If it was personal stuff going on that's another story and I can understand not wanting to share that with strangers. But some blog posts or emails wouldn't have hurt, like, "x bug is kicking my ass - need more coffee" and a few short sentences on the progress, explaining some feature, or maybe a bit of insight into the design process.
Thanks! And I agree. One lives one learns (hopefully). Twitter seems like the best place for keeping a running dialog these days:

AudioSpillage on Twitter

AudioSpillage
Last edited by audiospillage on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiospillage wrote:
jonahs wrote:
At the moment no but let me know what you had in mind exactly! Currently the sample start frame and loop start/end points can be edited in real-time graphically. Perhaps LFO modulation can be added as a 1.x update.
I can't say with absolute certainty without using it and knowing how you implemented the integration between samples and synthesis, but modulating the start and end points in a sampler is generally a cool way to make glitchy, stuttery sounds. It's much less generic sounding than most beat repeat style effects and much less mind numbing than slicing by hand.

A more "practical" example would be in loading an audio file that has say 3 drum hits and attaching modulation to move the start point to get some variety.

I'm also interested in trying out single cycle waveforms in the sample slots and while modulating the start and end point isn't necessary for this you can get musically interesting results by adding modulation to make "double cycle" waveforms or scanning through a longer audiofile one cycle at a time.

I use Numerology and the Octatrack so all I really "need" are the MIDI hooks exposed so I can target them with Numerology's or Octatrack's modulation devices.

On the other hand, based on the fact that MS2 can do poly rhythms I bet it would be really nice sounding to have internal LFOs that you can sync to step or bar length. It also might be nice to handle automation internally because my one real issue with MS now is that it's I have to keep a text file to lookup which parameters I want to modulate because they have generic names!

Went a bit overboard...!

Anyway, as I think is obvious from my post, I think of MS and AS as excellent rhythm oriented texture synths rather than "mere" drum synths.

Oh, and how about some examples of the snare drum! ;)

jonahs wrote:
audiospillage wrote:
jonahs wrote:
At the moment no but let me know what you had in mind exactly! Currently the sample start frame and loop start/end points can be edited in real-time graphically. Perhaps LFO modulation can be added as a 1.x update.
I can't say with absolute certainty without using it and knowing how you implemented the integration between samples and synthesis, but modulating the start and end points in a sampler is generally a cool way to make glitchy, stuttery sounds. It's much less generic sounding than most beat repeat style effects and much less mind numbing than slicing by hand.

A more "practical" example would be in loading an audio file that has say 3 drum hits and attaching modulation to move the start point to get some variety.

I'm also interested in trying out single cycle waveforms in the sample slots and while modulating the start and end point isn't necessary for this you can get musically interesting results by adding modulation to make "double cycle" waveforms or scanning through a longer audiofile one cycle at a time.

I use Numerology and the Octatrack so all I really "need" are the MIDI hooks exposed so I can target them with Numerology's or Octatrack's modulation devices.
I see, this is almost starting to sound like a different plugin. Room can be set aside to possibly accommodate some of these features in a future update. This throws up some other interesting possibilities though!

So far we haven't provided any way of directly modulating parameters via MIDI CC in either DrumSpillage or MiniSpillage. The code is lying dormant in those plugins but we haven't exposed it in the GUI as very few people have ever asked for it - amazingly enough.
jonahs wrote:On the other hand, based on the fact that MS2 can do poly rhythms I bet it would be really nice sounding to have internal LFOs that you can sync to step or bar length. It also might be nice to handle automation internally because my one real issue with MS now is that it's I have to keep a text file to lookup which parameters I want to modulate because they have generic names!
Yeah, the problem with the generic names relates to how different hosts behave when given dynamic parameters that may change their names at any time (e.g. selecting a new model). Even though there is a standard procedure for that in the AU spec they all seem to do something different and the last time we tested only one of them did anything useful. Hence generic names. To ease the pain, in DrumSpillage we added tooltips displaying the real parameter names for the model controls (e.g. Model#1, Model#2..). Unless the major hosts now support dynamic parameters we'll do the same thing in MS2.

jonahs wrote:Went a bit overboard...!

Anyway, as I think is obvious from my post, I think of MS and AS as excellent rhythm oriented texture synths rather than "mere" drum synths.
Well why not go overboard! And thanks, that's exactly what we designed our plugins to do :)

AudioSpillage

audiospillage wrote: I see, this is almost starting to sound like a different plugin. Room can be set aside to possibly accommodate some of these features in a future update. This throws up some other interesting possibilities though!
Well, yeah I agree that it goes outside the "comfort zone" of DS or MS. :lol: I've gotten similar sounds by modulating the ADSR, but you don't get the same level of razor sharp granular/wavetable sounds. Anyway, it's at least something to think about. As an audio example Autechre - Gantz Graf is taking the basic technique to a somewhat ridiculous level.

michael2 wrote:
audiospillage wrote:Pre-order customers will receive the plugin on Monday. Hopefully this will help dispel any rumours of us taking the money and running off to Bermuda. To be fair it has been a very very long wait.

Best regards,
AudioSpillage
that was a month ago, any news? i'm still hanging in there, but you guys really should send out explanatory emails or something when you hit these snags.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

michael2 wrote:
michael2 wrote:

Best regards,
AudioSpillage
that was a month ago, any news? i'm still hanging in there, but you guys really should send out explanatory emails or something when you hit these snags.
Should be this week for the pre-order customers!!

I'm looking at drum machines on ebay. I'm obviously in dire need of some new drum fun. :lol: PLEASE SAVE ME FROM MYSELF. :)

(friendly bump)

jonahs wrote:I'm looking at drum machines on ebay. I'm obviously in dire need of some new drum fun. :lol: PLEASE SAVE ME FROM MYSELF. :)

(friendly bump)
I can't save you from yourself but you won't have to wait much longer - so put the iPad down and log out of eBay! You'll have some new drum fun for the price of the postage of whatever you were looking at on eBay.

There won't be a lot of content to start with but we'll have some interesting sound sets to bundle at a later date.

Tomorrow...

Stephen

audiospillage wrote:
jonahs wrote:Do you still plan to have an upgrade path from MiniSpillage 2 to Drum Spillage 2 or have they diverged enough now that it doesn't make sense?
They will converge so the upgrade path will still be on.

AudioSpillage
I'm curious, can you tell us something about this upgrade path (such as pricing)? I'm planning on buying Drumspillage, but the sampling option in Minispillage 2 just seems too nice to pass...

Return to “AudioSpillage”