CAUSTIC audio rack for Android

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mcnoone wrote:
SingleCell wrote: Awesome! It looks like the Market is getting it wrong, or is filtering on a feature your tablet isn't reporting.. Anyway, I'll send you a link for the APK in a second, just let me upload it..
Thanks a lot.
edit:
Installed and working great.
I'll go back to the apit and re dl the key in a bit here.
Then it's hours of fun. Thanks again.
(btw I emailed you from your site last night describing this problem, so you can just ignore that then)
This music app really is great!
Good to hear! let me know if you have any problems getting the key from AndroidPit again, I can always send that over as well.

I'm glad we got to the bottom of this, sort-of, still doesn't explain why you weren't seeing the app listed. I suspect some wackiness with Market which Google will hopefully get around to fixing.

Oh and I replied to your email yesterday, did you not get the reply? I'm just setting up the website so maybe the reply link I get isn't correct...

SingleCell wrote: Oh and I replied to your email yesterday, did you not get the reply? I'm just setting up the website so maybe the reply link I get isn't correct...
Okay...yea just saw that.
Thanks for the help.
The android pit works good for me...just gotta wait til after work today.
Cheers. :)

Hey, singlecell, I seem to be having a similar problem. I emailed you last week about the Kindle release, but was hoping to get the demo going off of androidpit to have fun in the meantime.

Unfortunately it only seems to offer me the dl key, but sends me to the Android Market for the app itself.

KiwiDewd wrote:Hey, singlecell, I seem to be having a similar problem. I emailed you last week about the Kindle release, but was hoping to get the demo going off of androidpit to have fun in the meantime.

Unfortunately it only seems to offer me the dl key, but sends me to the Android Market for the app itself.
Hi KiwiDewd. Trust me, with the 186ms latency on the Kindle Fire, you don't want the market version anyway. This week I submitted Caustic2 to Amazon, including some special tweaks to make it run smooth on the Fire despite its terrible buffer update times.

I have no idea how long the approval process is, but from what I've heard it's ~2-4 weeks. If you absolutely can't wait until then, I can send you a copy but it won't be recognized as the appstore version and won't receive updates...PM me if interested.

SingleCell wrote:Hi KiwiDewd. Trust me, with the 186ms latency on the Kindle Fire, you don't want the market version anyway. This week I submitted Caustic2 to Amazon, including some special tweaks to make it run smooth on the Fire despite its terrible buffer update times.

I have no idea how long the approval process is, but from what I've heard it's ~2-4 weeks.
This is great news! Thank you, SingleCell.

Cordelia wrote:
SingleCell wrote:Hi KiwiDewd. Trust me, with the 186ms latency on the Kindle Fire, you don't want the market version anyway. This week I submitted Caustic2 to Amazon, including some special tweaks to make it run smooth on the Fire despite its terrible buffer update times.

I have no idea how long the approval process is, but from what I've heard it's ~2-4 weeks.
This is great news! Thank you, SingleCell.
Well, good news and bad news.

The good news is that all my apps just got approval on Amazon's appstore, that was pretty fast (4 days)

The bad news is none of them are showing up as available on my Kindle Fire :x
I hope it's either because:

- I'm in Australia and not the U.S. so I can't download things anyway.
- They haven't gotten around to updating the device compatibility info and it will show up as compatible soon enough.
- They plan to release it separately as a "Kindle Fire edition" as I've seen with other apps.

If someone in the U.S. with a Fire could check if it shows up for them, I'd be grateful. If it's not, I'll contact Amazon dev support to see what's up.

No luck, sorry. I searched from my Kindle Fire at the Amazon app store for caustic, caustic audio rack, singlecell. Nothing comes up. I'm in California, USA.
I hope it's an easy fix!

Cordelia wrote:No luck, sorry. I searched from my Kindle Fire at the Amazon app store for caustic, caustic audio rack, singlecell. Nothing comes up. I'm in California, USA.
I hope it's an easy fix!
Thanks for checking Cordelia, it shows up on the web store.. I'll write them to see what's up.

SingleCell wrote:
manytone wrote:Hi SingleCell
I think we have chatted before via email or at the crackberry forums.
We talked about getting Caustic on the Blackberry Playbook. Any more word on this? We desperately need apps like this on the Playbook.
Cheers
Paul
Hi Paul, I've got a Playbook coming my way in a few weeks by plane. (They're ~400$ down here in Oz!). No promises but once I get it, I'll give it a go for porting.
Hi SingleCell

Any chance you received your playbook yet?
Also I am sure you saw this post before:
http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-a ... re-681000/

Today crackberry actually put it in their news section as an interesting article so it is getting some attention. I mentioned Caustic there ;-)

Hopefully you can pull this off for the playbook.
Cheers
Paul

manytone wrote: Hi SingleCell

Any chance you received your playbook yet?
Also I am sure you saw this post before:
http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-a ... re-681000/

Today crackberry actually put it in their news section as an interesting article so it is getting some attention. I mentioned Caustic there ;-)

Hopefully you can pull this off for the playbook.
Cheers
Paul
The playbook arrives tomorrow, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to the "porting" investigation. Hopefully within the couple of weeks I'll at least know if it's possible without a ton of work.

I saw that thread when it came up in my Google alerts, thanks for the mention :-D

I just hope if I DO port it, it'll sell at least enough copies to justify the 200$ spent on the tablet :wink:

It is interesting that when I search for "caustic" in the Amazon app store I get Chordbot and other music apps as my search result. At least they have Caustic in the right category. :shrug:

Thanks for making this amazing app!

I guess I have tested most of the Androids music making apps there is. The likes of Chordbot, EasyBand, Uloops, R3 etc. While Chordbot and Easyband have their use in creating chord progressions, I really missed a mobile sequencer with a midi export function. The other Android apps missed all the critical points to do the job. Caustic was exactly what I was looking for! Maybe even better! The rack design works wonders. Sequencing is in many ways very well done and the work flow seems to be very fluent.

I have one request though. :) If it is possible to implement (in terms of GUI usability with smaller screens), I'd find a chord insert option useful with the synths. Multi-touch feature helps though and chord insert would be useful only if it was really quick to use. I don't have any perfect ideas for that. Maybe to make it as an option and then if it's turned on the app could pop up chord's menu when using double touch for any given row in the piano roll for the notes being pressed? Don't know if anyone else would have any use with that kind of feature? Anyway, when that done, an arpeggiator would be great for those chords. :) Well, I'll do great without those features, just a thought.

Needless to say, I wrote five star reviews in Android Market, for both the app and the activation key, in my native Finnish language.

+1 for chords, an arp too. And I'd personally love me some snap-to-scale and 'fold' ala Ableton, IMo only those features that make composing on a tiny screen with fat fingers easier. chords and scales would be so helpful for me.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Cordelia wrote:It is interesting that when I search for "caustic" in the Amazon app store I get Chordbot and other music apps as my search result. At least they have Caustic in the right category. :shrug:
Ok, well it looks like the app itself now shows up as available on my Fire, but not the unlock key so you're stuck in demo mode. They still haven't replied to my inquiry but I hope it's just a matter of a few hours until the key (and expansion pack) gets approved for Kindle as well.
Last edited by SingleCell on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MDMK wrote:Thanks for making this amazing app!

[...]

Needless to say, I wrote five star reviews in Android Market, for both the app and the activation key, in my native Finnish language.
Thanks for that, I appreciate it. I have though about some kind of chord note suggestor or even folding the piano roll to only show relevant notes. I guess I'll have to do some reading at watch videos of how Ableton and others do it because it's honestly something I've never used before. :?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”