Tone2 Saurus Teaser - Competition - KVR Giveaway

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

I for one cannot wait to hear Saurus, as I am sure it will be top notch as all the other tone2 gear!!

looking good?

any word on a release date?
some people are just dicks, and think the worst of everyone.

It seems I just dream about the Tone2 stuff, but hey! Hope never dies. :D

I really like the Tone2 products. They sound really nice and clean but not clean-sterile, more like clean-phat! :-o

I'm sure the new synth will be awesome. I hope Tone2 next product will be an FX though.

Saurus looks interesting. ElectraX sounds great. My wallet hurts.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

hesnotthemessiah wrote: My wallet hurts.
:hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

Q: When will it be available?

A: Were are currently doing the beta and sound design with 13 artists. We want to make sure that everything works as expected, since our customers have very high expectationes in the quality of the product. We still can't give any exact release date, but the end of March might be realistic.

Q: How much will it cost?

A: We can decide this as soon as the product is finished. We want to make sure that everyone can afford Saurus. It will be cheaper than ElectraX, but more expensive than FireBird.

Q: Will Tone2 Saurus have those fancy 0-delay filters?

A: Yes. We completely redisigned the filters section and were able to create 6 filter types which support true analog modeling with a 0-delay algorithm, nonlinearity, feedback, self-osc, high-precision pitch tracking, low CPU, oversampling, very fast envelopes and aliasfree distortion.
It's a completely new approach to filter modeling which is not used by any other company or product so far. It's a different '0-delay modeling approach' than that one which has been discussed here on kvr a while ago. The main advantage is a much higher performance and a filter which is very precise with pitch tracking.

Q: Will there be additional soundsets available?

A: Yes. We plan to release additonal sets from professional designers after the release of Saurus. From the technical side they will be similar to those which are available for ElectraX. So everyone will be able to create own sets and is able to manage them easily.

Q: Does it need much CPU?

A: No. Unlike competing products we have taken a lot of effort to keep the CPU as low as possible without lowering the sound quality. You need at least an Intel Pentium 4 compatible CPU with 500Mhz and 40 MB of free RAM.

Q: Do i need a dongle or be connected to the internet to run it?

A: No. The product is activted with a keyfile that you receive with your order.

Q: Does it have fast LFOs and Envelopes?

A: Saurus has very fast and alias-free LFOs which run with audio-rate. You can use them even for FM sounds. The Enevelopes are punchy and do a nice job on percussive sounds.

Sounds very promising indeed! Good luck with the launch Markus and Bastiaan!

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Catching up with this thread very late, but I like the sound of Saurus, particularly the details in Marcus' post above, and it's prompted me to check out the other Tone2 products. They look intriguing! But do I have time to get to grips with them...?

Tone2 hardware :-o
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:Image

You don't want to see our hardware :D

wow. this really sounds interesting! can't wait for audio demos...

Has this Friday's winner been announced yet? :hyper: :hihi:

* This week's winner is Jasco, congratulations :)

Thanks to everyone playing so far, two weeks of competition left so give it a go if you're not already inside the thread.

Thread and picture updated.

Bastiaan from Tone2.com wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:Image

You don't want to see our hardware :D
Lol and lol :lol:

Return to “Instruments”