Cubase 6 MIDI Volumes Steinberg finally admits there is a problem.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trey73 wrote:
jancivil wrote:You may not get this, but their forum (which was always run by crazy people IME) and 'Steinberg Support' are two separate entities. I've always had good support from actual support. Even fantastic support.
I should have been specific. Their technical support team is not what I meant. I'm referring to the way the customer service representatives who administrated and moderated the "official" Cubase/Nuendo forums interacted with their customer base in general.
lol, I hear you there. ;)

Chrisking wrote:Re. Automation.

1) You shouldn't have to use automation. Either way even just adding an automation doesn't work. You actually have to put in a ramp. You shouldn't need to if Cubase worked properly. Which it doesn't.

3) Cubase not sending out MIDI volumes is such an enormous bug. It should have been fixed and it hasn't been!!
'Cubase not sending out MIDI volumes' is an inaccurate statement. I use Cubase for practically every midi part I have ever made. I have yet to experience a single problem with it 'sending out MIDI volume'. It works, properly, consistently.

just now, I created a new track to see. I did not create Any automation. I have set it at various levels of volume, assigned to Halion 1. I have done with Kontakt 3, also a VST2. I quit out of Cubase at more than one of these levels with both instruments set at a volume only in the inspector. I moved around in the project to come back to the area where I had set this or that volume level in the inspector. in every case the volume the instrument gives me is what Cubase told it to.
Chrisking wrote: 2) I've found out from Steinberg that my bug only occurs with any pre VST3 plugins. It only happens on regular MIDI tracks not instrument tracks. This means I now cannot use the MIDI tracks with external instrument without adding an automation ramp on every track. This is a bug. This is a bug. It's also a very serious one.
a bug is when it's replicated consistently. I can't replicate it at all. I've never heard of such a thing.

your situation is Not True here. AFAIK it's unique to you. it may be unique to an instrument and to that in your situation. I don't know. But you're tripping. It's hard to credit why Steiny would admit to a non-problem. This whole thread is now suspect, to me.

OP seems to be apple fanboy tro..l.. or Avid cult..?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”