Sudden Problem with some plugs...DLL Error notice, no GUI showing

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been using T3 for many years. Been running smoothly on XP pro SP3, 4GB RAM, quad processor (T3 using 2 of them). T3 runs with Liquid Mix (dedicated FW card), Automap 2, the 1640i FW interface (dedicated FW card). I have a good assortment of VST plugs. Even using Waves, V8 installer version, with no problem. Yesterday I installed a new Waves plug with the new installer V8r13 and started having a problem.

When I try and open other (not Waves) companies plugs their GUI does not show, only the outline of it. Some open OK, some have the above problem. It seems to happen at random. If I delete the plug from the track and try an pull in another, it may open, OR it may not, showing an error message: plug in not properly installed (they are). I may also get the DLL error, plug not found.

I deleted all Waves plugs and installer V8r13 and restarted. No change to the problems.

Anyone have an idea what might be happening?

Try deleting your VSTcache file,
then do a complete re-scan of all VSTs.

Thanks for the assistance. I deleted the cashe file and opened T3, which re-scaned all plugs. I wnet back to the song where I first had the trouble. Most of my plugs show up as they should, but a few are doing the same thing, of just showing the outline when I open them.

I closed T3 and re-opened it again. I noticed that T3 shows the plugs that it rescanes every time it opens. Those plugs are the same ones giving me trouble.
3 Weeks ago I tried FxTeleport and installed a Network device which changed the PCs address. Might this have reacted with the new Waves installer? I was going to try a reinstall of just those plugs. Could they somehow be wanting to see the old address and so will not work? I also have Studio One (DAW) and those plugs work fine when it is open.

What do you think???

No idea sorry.
People've had loads of problems with waves plugins in T3 in the past though.

Thanks for trying. To any reading this I am using a number of Waves plug with T3. They do not open under Waves shell, but because I have Automap, I think they open with its help ( I see the Automap icon open in my bottom toolbar).
Everything was working with their V8 installer, Version V8r12. When I added a new Wave plug, the new installer Vbr13 was used. Everything went south after that. The Waves installer make use of Visual C++. Elastique Pitch (elastique.dll) is the pitch stretching algorhythm used by T3 (and PreSonus Studio One). Elastique pitch also uses Visual C++. I can't proove that the new Wave installer screwed with the Visual C++ code, but I could see it hang on the Visual C++ part of the install. That is usually a quick install and finish.

So , if your making use of the reduced Waves prices, watch out on the installer. If it happens to you, to save the song it happens on, render each track to an Export sub-folder. Make note of your plugs and settings. Open a new project and set up the same tracks. Then import the audio files into it.

You may have to uninstall Waves to be able to render the tracks without crashing.

Return to “Tracktion”