Logos - Electronic; looking for feedback

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I recently replaced my elderly PC laptop with a Mac and Logic. The learning curve for Logic is very steep, and I'm still climbing.

This is my first attempt at a full track using the Mac and Logic, so I'd be very interested to hear what you have to say about it.

It is played on several Logic instruments, Alchemy, the Korg M1 LE, and my trusty MFB Microzwerg:

http://soundcloud.com/daniel-b-1/logos
Last edited by daniel_baum on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

I was wondering what had happened to you! I recently bought FL10 and, after 3 years with EnergyXT, am worried that the learning curve will also prove to be steep, that is, when I get some time to use it :(

This was a nice pleasant track which seemed to combine elements of '80s Depeche Mode with JMJ, although the title made me think of another band. It definitely still had the DB sound :)

seismic1 wrote:I was wondering what had happened to you! I recently bought FL10 and, after 3 years with EnergyXT, am worried that the learning curve will also prove to be steep, that is, when I get some time to use it :(

This was a nice pleasant track which seemed to combine elements of '80s Depeche Mode with JMJ, although the title made me think of another band. It definitely still had the DB sound :)
Thanks! It has indeed been quite a while since my last track (thanks for noticing). I guess I've been doing other things, and also working on moving everything over to the Mac.

I've never actually used FL. I know a lot of people like it. Logic is immensely powerful and comes with a gigantic library of effects, instruments and sounds. It is however by no means simple to use and can be rather fiddly at times. I think I'm a bit more proficient with it now than I was when I started this track, but there is still a way to go.

Meanwhile I uploaded a minor update, mostly with some changes to bass in the chorus.

D.

Bump!

Nice!

I find I keep waiting for David Gahan to come in and sing though, much of this sounds a LOT like older (80s) Depeche Mode :)

So, while not terribly original in that department perhaps, it also has at least the same level of quality, it sounds like a GOOD 80s Depeche song (I love Depeche).

Definitely not bad for getting back into things, looking forward to hearing more.

All my work sounds like DM whether I want it to or not. If I try to sound different I just sound like DM trying to sound different.

Not necessarily a bad thing I suppose. There are worse thing to sound like...

Cool.
Everything sounds like it is standing right at the front of the stage, very 'present', which is maybe what you want. Balance of everything sounds good.

hope to hear a few more soon.

Yep, I can see the DM resemblance as well, though as others said, not at all in a bad way. Also reminded me at times of older anime theme music, or maybe a fantasy RPG game.

Anyway, definitely enjoyable!
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

I love the 80's feeling it has

Dito to the new wave sound. I'm a sucker for New Wave and Psychedelic music.
With more work, i'd break up the percussive repetitive nature of the hats and double kicks. I'd also consolidate the track to more of a 'formula' type track. The narrow part of the Soundcloud blob/sausage i'd scrap completely. But this is only what i'd do. It doesn't mean it's best.
But i think it's a good tune that needs more time on it. That's ok since your getting used to a new seqr. A good pop tune takes patience and thought.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I have some ideas for improving this track, and I will post the results here.

D.

Hi all,

I just uploaded a new version of "Logos".

I tweaked the mix quite a bit, although the basic music is almost they same. As I got more familiar with working in Logic, I was able to pay more attention to the details rather than just keeping my head above water while working with this monster program.

The link is the same as before.

D.

Nicely done Daniel. Well put together and loaded with 80s charm. Intriguing that choir-like element.
Image Image

The choir is a Logic sampler preset, and the lead, which is also kind of vocal, is the Korg M1 Legacy Edition.

Wow man It makes me feel home in the sense of the music I listen to.
Youve got another follower :) oh nvm I got you already :p

Return to “Music Cafe”