Good pick bass plugin under $100?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shreddage picked bass,is in your price range.

braj wrote:
audiojunkie wrote: Yeah, I keep coming back to that same thought. At this point, it would be the 'only' application that I would consider that doesn't use plain serial number or simple software key. I still hold out hopes that I will find something that fits my ideals. :-)

Sugarbytes got my money with Guitarist (simple serial number). I currently have Z3ta+ v2 and SonicProjects OP-X II Pro -- both simple serial number. I plan to get Poise & DIVA (Both simple serial number). I know I'll find something....
Yeah actually NI reeled me in with the cheap Komplete Elements, and I use the Classic Bass from that the most, I am not so 'picky' (har har) so it generally works for me. Then i bought the Retro Machines and Studio Drummer packs. I still don't know if I can install on a second machine, but my laptop doesn't have so much disk space anyhow. Their registration seemed straightforward enough to me, can you tell me the downside? I was looking at the Scarbee basses myself and have a coupon, but I also want the simplest, most flexible registration system possible.
Well... a downside depends of your point of view. I know several people who have no problem with C/R or dongles. This is your thread and since you are asking, I don't have a problem with you hijacking your own thread. :hihi:

The issue I have with C/R or dongles or any other intrusive copy protection is that you, to some extent, are less in control with what you do with your software. The most common example would be a company going out of business, and you not being able to reauthorize your software. Or if you reinstall too many times or change your computer too many times, the company has the ability to refuse reauthorization. Another example would be software drivers that mess with your computer's stability, ie PACE. Also there are some situations that require you to have your machine connected to the internet, and that is not always wanted--some people keep their system clean and running lean for best performance and don't want to connect to the internet at all.

To me, it is all a hassle that affects only those who are honest and actually buy the software. Those who don't buy the software, pirates, don't pay and don't go through the hassle. I choose to support companies that take me, the consumer, into consideration by not making me jump through hoops and take risks.

Now, NI is an established company, and I don't see them going away anytime soon, so it's not as much of a problem. But hopefully you will better understand why I choose to do what I do. :-)

--Sean
Last edited by audiojunkie on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's actually not my thread :) but I agree with your post totally, primarily I don't like dongles. I lose things easily :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Whoops, sorry! :oops: I didn't mean to go off topic. :-)

--Sean

You can't beat ManyBass for all your bass needs especially for the price. It is currently on sale for $119.95. There is a demo you can download. I use it all the time.

http://www.manytone.com/productinfo_manybass.php
Where have all the adverbs gone?

mungocherry33 wrote:You can't beat ManyBass for all your bass needs especially for the price. It is currently on sale for $119.95. There is a demo you can download. I use it all the time.

http://www.manytone.com/productinfo_manybass.php
Does it have velocity layers and round robins and articulations? I'm curious...

--Sean

Thanks for your replies and a bit of hijacking. :D
I had a second thought and eventually bought Shreddage Bass, which is less expensive and less complicated than Cherry Electric Bass and has only good picked bass samples(I almost forgot that I already have VSTis with fingered basses and have been particularly looking for a picked bass. Also, I downloaded DirectBass 2.0 Free yesterday, which comes with a nice fingered bass). Shreddage sounds great and mix-ready, with a built-in EQ, compressor, etc.
I'm happy. :)

Return to “Instruments”