This would have been my contest song, but....

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I first heard about the contest, it left me 8 days to come up with something. I missed the deadline by about 12 hours, but thought I'd post a link.

http://soundcloud.com/vulcandj/happy-space

Recorded in pro tools. I used boom, expand, ezdrummer, ezmiz2, Carvin and peavey guitars, pod x3 live and fender mustang processing, and I am doing the vocals. As this is my first song post, if something doesn't work with the link, let me know and I'll try and fix it.
Just close your eyes. You'll find all you need with your mind.

Pretty cool stuff! [dry, unfiltere] Vocals seem a little out of place, maybe need a tiny dash of reverb, and maybe a little bit quieter in the mix (imo)
Also the snare seems a little dull, but then again I come from my happy little EDM corner, so maybe that snare works, but to me it seems like it's lacking some meat and some sparkle.

Great song. I really enjoyed it. I think the snare sounds like fireworks from 0:52-1:17 and 1:48-2:37 and might need looking at. Apart from that, it's all good.

Nice work

Thanks for the kind words. I know what everyone means about the snare. All in all I think I over processed everything, so a remix will be in order. My bass player is a recording engineer and has a studio in Portland, Oregon. I'll be getting some tips from him. Hopefully I'll put something together for the march contest.
Just close your eyes. You'll find all you need with your mind.

Nice track indeed, cool guitars ! a good composition.
Let's get ready for the next one. March is coming in

Cheers

oooh my GOD

Please give this guy a price anyway

FANTASTIC

Return to “Music Cafe”