RME Babyface System Requiment.

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am planning to buy RME Babyface for my home setup.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits. 4GB RAM and Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50Ghz. Will this configuation work for my RME Babyface or do I need to upgrade?

Also,
Is Babyface good for just programming and arranging my music on DAW using Virtual Instruments?

You should be fine, I run a babyface on a C2D laptop, T9300 with 4GB and Windows 7 X64 and on a C2Q desktop, Q8400 with 8Gb win7 X64. It's rock solid on both systems @ 128 samples. The desktop will do 64 samples but I can't feel the difference, so I keep it @ 128

It's a great interface, low latency, very flexible, with a fantastic sound. I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with it.

There have been some complaints about the headphone out being underpowered. Personally I find it drives my 70 ohm HD25-1s easily, my HD600s sound much better through a seperate amp, but they are high impedance (300 ohm) and quite difficult to drive.

Well... I aint much into hardware computers, but as far as I know.. C2D is better then my Dual Core right? and even C2Q is better then my Dual core right?

(Sorry for the lame question)

Thank YOu.

Aakash Rijia

Yep your correct, I didn't notice that your cpu was just a dual core.
The babyface requirements state a core 2 duo as a minimum.
I'd be suprised if it didn't work on your machine, but you're going to be limited in what you can run in terms of vsts etc, even if it does.

It's possible though that you could just upgrade your cpu, do you know what mainboard you have in your pc?

OK, I thought I'd try it and see so....
I've installed it on my tablet/netbook (samsung q1 ultra), which has an 800 Mhz cpu and 2 GB ram.

It works perfectly @ 512 samples latency, no clicks, pops or glitches
It doesn't like 256 samples at all.

Bear in mind that this is a really under powered machine, my phone has a more better cpu, so I reakon you'd be ok as long as you don't expect to use too many vst's, or just stick to low cpu stuff.

Now i get it ! :D Thanks mate for your help ! :)

Aakash Rijia

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”