What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

best vst tape simulation?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD
 
8371 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:19 am

NathanRichards10, if you work for Sound Sonic (and it seems very likely you do) you shouldn't pretend you don't. Also, please stop using all bold type.

Thank you.
drakem
KVRist
 
85 posts since 24 Jul, 2004

Postby drakem; Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:38 am

Resonator63 wrote:Give PSP MixSaturator a try :)

Correct. Tape 2 with 40%sat and 20% warmth at 120Hz and little softness to taste....
Perfect
User avatar
Resonator63
KVRAF
 
3631 posts since 1 Oct, 2006, from Um! Where is this?

Postby Resonator63; Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:58 am

drakem wrote:
Resonator63 wrote:Give PSP MixSaturator a try :)

Correct. Tape 2 with 40%sat and 20% warmth at 120Hz and little softness to taste....
Perfect


Mmmm! Nice :)
drakem
KVRist
 
85 posts since 24 Jul, 2004

Postby drakem; Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:22 am

LOL. I actually stopped adding bottom with an eq...almost. The big bass1 preset with tape algo instead of valve and the frequency adjusted is just cream. Great plugin!!
75ips
KVRist
 
118 posts since 1 Feb, 2011

Postby 75ips; Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:38 am

Would be cool if more people could show some examples. Words mean little up in here.

75
Last edited by 75ips on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeeez
KVRist
 
30 posts since 15 Apr, 2011

Postby Jeeez; Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:05 am

The author of TB Ferox examines this topic in an ongoing series of posts on http://www.toneboosters.com/reelproject1/.

The reel project - part 1
The reel project aims at improving analog tape simulators in software, and tries to discover whether it is feasible to develop a similator that really closely mimics the 'reel thing'.
75ips
KVRist
 
118 posts since 1 Feb, 2011

Postby 75ips; Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:27 am

Undefined
Last edited by 75ips on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
yerusalan
KVRist
 
31 posts since 13 Dec, 2011

Postby yerusalan; Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:31 pm

to this day all tape emus suck and sound nothing like the real deal. waste of money and time
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
 
6496 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:54 pm

yerusalan wrote:to this day all tape emus suck and sound nothing like the real deal. waste of money and time

Most people disagree with that statement in regards to the UAD Ampex.
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Image
djeroen
KVRist
 
184 posts since 14 Sep, 2006

Postby djeroen; Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Jeeez wrote:The author of TB Ferox examines this topic in an ongoing series of posts on http://www.toneboosters.com/reelproject1/.


There's now a part 2 on the spectral changes induced by analog tape.
It also shows the effect of the tape recorder unit itself
http://www.toneboosters.com/reelproject2/
afreshcupofjoe
KVRAF
 
1832 posts since 17 Jan, 2006, from Portland, OR

Postby afreshcupofjoe; Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:19 pm

djeroen wrote:
Jeeez wrote:The author of TB Ferox examines this topic in an ongoing series of posts on http://www.toneboosters.com/reelproject1/.


There's now a part 2 on the spectral changes induced by analog tape.
It also shows the effect of the tape recorder unit itself
http://www.toneboosters.com/reelproject2/


Ferox is by far my favorite tape sim. I'm not sure why it doesn't get more love. It doesn't do "subtle" as well as something like waves MPX, but when I want something to really sound like it was recorded on an old R2R, 4-track or a VHS cassette, nothing else comes close.
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK
loopdon
KVRian
 
1110 posts since 3 Aug, 2004

Postby loopdon; Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:31 pm

brok landers wrote:
VibraSound wrote:The Free GClip with 60% softness.
http://www.gvst.co.uk/gclip.htm >snip<

wtf!?! shhhh! don't give away such secrets?!? :)



Psst. Or you be excluded from the secret circle, VibraSound.
You have been warned :hihi:
no sig
User avatar
HunterKiller
KVRAF
 
1533 posts since 9 Mar, 2006, from Sydney, Australia

Postby HunterKiller; Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:11 am

loopdon wrote:
brok landers wrote:
VibraSound wrote:The Free GClip with 60% softness.
http://www.gvst.co.uk/gclip.htm >snip<

wtf!?! shhhh! don't give away such secrets?!? :)



Psst. Or you be excluded from the secret circle, VibraSound.
You have been warned :hihi:

For some reason these last two posts remind me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THNzuF33tZo
“Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” - Paul Brandt
User avatar
VibraSound
KVRian
 
549 posts since 23 Mar, 2010, from Canada

Postby VibraSound; Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:03 pm

So you want more secrets ?

Add more cowbells in your mix :hihi:
yerusalan
KVRist
 
31 posts since 13 Dec, 2011

Postby yerusalan; Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:27 am

Uncle E wrote:
yerusalan wrote:to this day all tape emus suck and sound nothing like the real deal. waste of money and time

Most people disagree with that statement in regards to the UAD Ampex.

Most ppl think their NI FM8 is great :hihi:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects