What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

most complex track you've made with xt 2

Official support for: energy-xt.com

Moderators: insertpizhere, jorgen, pHz, bluedad

gckilla
KVRist

459 posts since 15 Dec, 2005

Postby gckilla; Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:20 pm most complex track you've made with xt 2

What's the most complex track you've made with XT2?

How many tracks? How much automation, audio/midi, etc...

Was XT2 able to handle the complexity?

Cheers,

H
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

10650 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:46 am

i haven't tried the newest betas. xt2 has been the most solid host i've ever used with the exception of automation. i don't know if it's the amount of automation or where it's sequened, but there seems to be a limit and once i hit it, it won't work past that point, but i can delete the new automation and the old will work fine.

i don't use audio but afa sequences go, it's great. more stable than the v. of logic i used previously.

q: are you really the guitar center killa? :D
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
kejkz
KVRist

434 posts since 8 Dec, 2004, from Belgrade

Postby kejkz; Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:22 pm

20+ tracks driving vsti's, a lot of fx inserts, sends and automations... it works... until you hit a cpu limit, then it cripples the hell out of it, crashes and everything else. But I have that track done, so I'm happy :)
codec_spurt
KVRAF

3417 posts since 20 Sep, 2005

Postby codec_spurt; Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:14 pm

When I installed xt2 on my new 64-bit laptop, it wasn't having any of it. It kept crashing and losing the .ini file. Fast forward a year or so, and for some reason xt2 is working better and more stable than it's ever been. For large tracks I mean. I don't mess about too much with automation anyway and I don't usually have a very high track count, preferring to program in the complexity beforehand.

I don't know if it is the 64-bit thing - it wouldn't appear to be possible, but
when I move and resize - you know general editing - xt2 is very smooth.

I have also noticed that somehow it uses the three cores on my laptop (it is a triple core). I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I have REAPER, FLStudio, Podium, Ableton lite and Studio One, but I probably make more music with xt2 than anything else. It would be great to see a new version, but even xt1 still works great - just don't do large track counts etc..

Anyway, I made this with xt2 a month or two ago - it's not complex, about 16 tracks - no more. I just remember doing it from start to finish - uninterrupted workflow - in a couple of hours.

Here it is if you are interested:
http://www.2shared.com/audio/aMT8oAwJ/liquid-18.html?

Studio One is doing it for me in a big way these days. I sort of took off with it where I left off with Cubase. I just can't stop coming back to xt though :help:
You'll be pleased to know, I'm knocking it all on the head.
codec_spurt
KVRAF

3417 posts since 20 Sep, 2005

Postby codec_spurt; Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:25 am

Gosh!

I just listened to the blighter through my KRK's.

The cones still made that lovely little buzzing sound though when I touched
my woofers. So it's not all bad.

Remember that I made this track in 3 hours or so ON HEADPHONES!

Sounds surprisingly good considering. Oh, and a £14 pair of headphones.
KOSS UR-20 -
http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=o ... 24&bih=589

They are amazing. I have some £120 Sony Headphones and they are not bad, but these are my knockabouts and end up getting used when they probably shouldn't.

Anyway, I hope you liked it! Even though it's a bit dirty!

Edit:
Btw, the new CamelSpace I got really made this track. Insane FX plug-in.
It's all over this track - presets as well!
Just can't live without it now...
You'll be pleased to know, I'm knocking it all on the head.

Moderators: insertpizhere, jorgen, pHz, bluedad

Return to energyXT