most complex track you've made with xt 2

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's the most complex track you've made with XT2?

How many tracks? How much automation, audio/midi, etc...

Was XT2 able to handle the complexity?

Cheers,

H

i haven't tried the newest betas. xt2 has been the most solid host i've ever used with the exception of automation. i don't know if it's the amount of automation or where it's sequened, but there seems to be a limit and once i hit it, it won't work past that point, but i can delete the new automation and the old will work fine.

i don't use audio but afa sequences go, it's great. more stable than the v. of logic i used previously.

q: are you really the guitar center killa? :D
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

20+ tracks driving vsti's, a lot of fx inserts, sends and automations... it works... until you hit a cpu limit, then it cripples the hell out of it, crashes and everything else. But I have that track done, so I'm happy :)

When I installed xt2 on my new 64-bit laptop, it wasn't having any of it. It kept crashing and losing the .ini file. Fast forward a year or so, and for some reason xt2 is working better and more stable than it's ever been. For large tracks I mean. I don't mess about too much with automation anyway and I don't usually have a very high track count, preferring to program in the complexity beforehand.

I don't know if it is the 64-bit thing - it wouldn't appear to be possible, but
when I move and resize - you know general editing - xt2 is very smooth.

I have also noticed that somehow it uses the three cores on my laptop (it is a triple core). I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I have REAPER, FLStudio, Podium, Ableton lite and Studio One, but I probably make more music with xt2 than anything else. It would be great to see a new version, but even xt1 still works great - just don't do large track counts etc..

Anyway, I made this with xt2 a month or two ago - it's not complex, about 16 tracks - no more. I just remember doing it from start to finish - uninterrupted workflow - in a couple of hours.

Here it is if you are interested:
http://www.2shared.com/audio/aMT8oAwJ/liquid-18.html?

Studio One is doing it for me in a big way these days. I sort of took off with it where I left off with Cubase. I just can't stop coming back to xt though :help:

Gosh!

I just listened to the blighter through my KRK's.

The cones still made that lovely little buzzing sound though when I touched
my woofers. So it's not all bad.

Remember that I made this track in 3 hours or so ON HEADPHONES!

Sounds surprisingly good considering. Oh, and a £14 pair of headphones.
KOSS UR-20 -
http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=o ... 24&bih=589

They are amazing. I have some £120 Sony Headphones and they are not bad, but these are my knockabouts and end up getting used when they probably shouldn't.

Anyway, I hope you liked it! Even though it's a bit dirty!

Edit:
Btw, the new CamelSpace I got really made this track. Insane FX plug-in.
It's all over this track - presets as well!
Just can't live without it now...

Return to “energyXT”