Anyone have Digital Sound Factory Z3TA+ 2 Wave Scapes?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering if this product is a set of presets or not.

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/Pro ... WS1.00-20E

The descriptions says "Included are 270 programs, new waveforms, and MIDI sequences."
Would I need to load each one individually or are they organized like other preset expansions - grouped into categories?

I have the Mutant Rebellion expansion and like it a lot.

OC

I own it. It's 270 presets, many of which use custom wave files that are included with the pack

Digital Sound Factory has some presets in the Factory Bank. They're labeled DSF, so you can try those out and see how you like them. Also, the DSF site runs sales from time to time (there may be one now). You have to be on the email list to get the code to use, so it's worth signing up to download the freebies and get occasional sales codes.

I don't have the Mutant expansion pack so I can't compare them to the DSF pack. Overall, the DSF is a bit tame and lo-fi sounding. The included .wav files that you can use later are good additions. The only thing about that pack that I find odd is that the ADSR envelopes on the pads have attack at essentially zero. Of course, you can use them as pads, but I'm used to pads having a reasonably slow attack on the presets on virtually any synth.

jsp1979 wrote:I own it. It's 270 presets, many of which use custom wave files that are included with the pack

Digital Sound Factory has some presets in the Factory Bank. They're labeled DSF, so you can try those out and see how you like them. Also, the DSF site runs sales from time to time (there may be one now). You have to be on the email list to get the code to use, so it's worth signing up to download the freebies and get occasional sales codes.

I don't have the Mutant expansion pack so I can't compare them to the DSF pack. Overall, the DSF is a bit tame and lo-fi sounding. The included .wav files that you can use later are good additions. The only thing about that pack that I find odd is that the ADSR envelopes on the pads have attack at essentially zero. Of course, you can use them as pads, but I'm used to pads having a reasonably slow attack on the presets on virtually any synth.
Thanks very much for the info. I agree about pads. I frequently wind up adjusting the attack and sometimes release on pads as well.
I'll get on the DSF mailing list.

Thanks again! :)

OC

Return to “Instruments”