Native Instruments Piano Advice? Alicia's Keys v. Komplete Pianos

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

synchronizer wrote:The White Piano is about 120 dollars, and Vintage D is 140. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
wait for a sale ot sampletekk (unsually you get 50% discounts), they come often. and, really, the white grand junior is more than sufficient. It will be only 25 USD if you do it this way.

synchronizer wrote:I could simulate multiple woodwinds at once with less RAM use, but that's another story.

Clearly you think I should go with the piano then. :) I can't find a direct comparison between White Grand and the Vintage D though.
white grand: very bright, brassy and direct.
vintage d: warm and woody.

very different sound. difference couldn't be more. that's why I suggested both. they complement each other, no overlap.

It sounds like I can afford the White Grand Jr. later on, and the Vintage D now. $60 dollars isn't bad, and if the 50% off sale happens to come, I can get the Jr. for $25 or the large white grand for $60.

I don't want to get you confused :) but I was quite happy with blue piano; if you can wait a couple of days I'll post a little demo I'm doing.
AKJ: I still didn't play enough with Diamond but your flute sounds wonderful to me. Thank you for the script tip!

AKJ, I still can't get the flute right. Could you perhaps post an nki? Would searching for the samples and re-saving it work? This would be very helpful.

Thanks.

There is a -30% promo this weekend at SampleTekk . You could buy WG Jr. now and then after you became a custommer you will get discounts more frequently and can ie. upgrade to full WG if you like or WG II (incl. also WS). However, if you test SampleTekk's stuff, you should also check out White Sister and the Black Grand line. Another thing to mention, White Grand / Sister is a Malmsjö 275cm Grand and the Black Grand line in a Steinway D .

How much is the upgrade from Jr. to full? I'll look into the black grand now since I would actually prefer a Steinway D. The White grand is a bit too bright for my purposes.

EDIT: I could get a single black grand for only $34.3! Which of the three is best I wonder...

WG Jr. is 49USD (list price), upgrade to WG is 70USD (list price).
Which one of the Black Grands? That depends. Close is "more in the face"... Ambient is with more "room ambience". If I had to choose one, I would choose medium ambience.
Last edited by paulbreeze on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So it's down to the Galaxy Vintage D and one of the three Black Grands. I see there's progress being made.

Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone here for helping with this decision. I'm far less clueless than I was one week ago.

Oh, and just for sake of completeness ... ;) Check out the following ones, before making your final decision .

SampleTekk/PMI
* PMI Old Lady (Model 1923 Steinway D grand piano, 24bit), 50USD

Sometimes a grand is just a bit too much... ;)

SampleTekk
* Rain Piano (Swedish upright piano from Svenska Pianofabriken), 49USD

Soundiron
* Old Busted Granny Upright Piano (includes tuned and detuned editions), 39USD

Also from Soundiron and also great, but not in the same price range :
* Emotional Piano, 149USD
* Montclarion Hall Piano, 79USD
Last edited by paulbreeze on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm heard of emotional piano---has a lot of reverberation but is very pretty. as for the other pianos, they are all good, most likely, but since their prices are lower than other libraries' prices, I probably can wait.

More confusion ha. I hope it hasn't gone back up to 3 black Grands, Emotional piano, and Vintage D.

I cannot help you with the galaxy as I don't know it and/or have it. But for the others. If you have a midi file which you'd like to hear on them drop me a PM and I render it to an mp3 for you.

Does anyone here have the Galaxy Vintage D? if so, would the person be willing to mix this midi with the vintage D at 167 bpm? This would be very helpful. Thank you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xlx7vnqg79l76r2

I'm pretty sure that those are physically modeled, and are windows-only; at least the demo is.)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”