Ideas for a remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/289dk2jl2e/ming.mp3

Tangling with the equipment in my home studio, I'm about to upgrade it. I simply can not get everything to work as it should :?

Anyway, you can always drop older tracks.
The first thing I will do (when I get finish with the upgrade) is to remix this track. Therefore I would appreciate ideas and comments.

cheers

Nice groove Non73. That sound from the very beginning of the track made me immediately think of "Flash Gordon". Is that what it is from? Tight beat and sounds. If your thinking of remixing this, I would add some deeper bass sounds, or let your current bass bite deeper into the low end. :)

PaleBlueDot wrote:Nice groove Non73. That sound from the very beginning of the track made me immediately think of "Flash Gordon". Is that what it is from? Tight beat and sounds. If your thinking of remixing this, I would add some deeper bass sounds, or let your current bass bite deeper into the low end. :)
Thank you and yes the samples are from Flash Gordon

There were three major sources of inspiration that I had for this track.
It was the Queen's Flash Gordon album, the sound of Vince Clarke and Alison Moyets band Yazoo and Orbital's Gun is Good.

cheers

Fun track and solid beats - love the use of the "I'm about to say something" breath sample :)

Agree with @PaleBlueDot - if I were remixing I'd deepen the bass. Maybe add some "air" to the mix. But if you're just exposing it for fun, it's enjoyable as is (in that there's nothing standing out as wrong with the current mix).

Return to “Music Cafe”