Other than keyboards, guitar or bass. So whadya play?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tony, I was thinking Hearts Afire .That's the way
Two Trumpets, Trombone and Sax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4CJaujuVSY

Actually I didn't get all of the songs but I did get MacAurthur Park, Star Trek, But of all them that little bit with the harmon trumpet when you played Round Midnight, Man that was something to be heard in full.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Flute, but not very well - I really wish I could play a lot better or had time to really practice regularly, as I'd like to use it a lot in my music. How I ever got to Grade 7 going through school I don't know. I bought a picc a few years ago and have only played it a couple of times.

I used to play violin (again, not very well, but got Grade 7 - same story with piano as well :hihi:) but haven't played it since. Oh, apart from when my brother returned mine recently (he has an electric one now) and I had a little fiddle (sorry :wink:) and found I could still play it a little bit, if I wanted. Except that the bridge looks as though it'll go the way of the Tacoma Narrows or Forth Rail Bridge at any moment :lol:
And it is as it is and we take as we find / Always next season's buds on the bough / But I'll never find a better time / Hard though it is to allow / I'll never find a better time / To be alive than now

I play my voice
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I am a trained vocalist. At least in as far as I have taken voice lessons. This shouldn't be confused with actually being able to sing. What I lack in ability, I make up for in enthusiasm.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

voice and Kalimba ... hang drums are pretty cool , I got a hugh tracey kalimba for x-mas from kalimbamagicdotcom , id like to get one of those hapi drums (hang) too one day ,

ukulele + violin :

http://soundcloud.com/revo11/side-a

Even though I'm not great at violin, it's worked its way into a lot of my songs and is probably part of my sound at this point.

Oh, and the kaossilator (the original)... when I'm ninjamming a lot, that probably becomes my primary instrument :-)

clavietta

And drums, though I'm more than a bit rusty.
It's easily been well over 3 years since I had to sell my set to help cover rent.

JJBiener wrote:I am a trained vocalist. At least in as far as I have taken voice lessons. This shouldn't be confused with actually being able to sing. What I lack in ability, I make up for in enthusiasm.
After reading that, I glanced at your ID and thought it read JBieber. :lol:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

I taught myself how to play the didgeridoo when I was out of work. Well initially it was a piece of vacuum cleaner attachment. I bought a real dig once I could play well enough.

I now have two of them. A real one from Aus and a split branch stuck back together once the innerds were cut out. That one I got from World of Music and Dance festival. That was the only time that I have played with other people on digis. That was really cosmic, 3 on the go at once. They were all interacting. My lungs also become part of the instrument when it is really going well. I find this one easier to play than the Aussy one. That one is really dense and take alot to get vibrating.

Unfortunately for other people it is a bit of a novelty. After 5 minutes they want me to stop. I do not play it in public really. I played a couple of tunes at my brother in laws New Year party and had good fun at my local pub on Australia day. I took it along and let others have a go. After a few beers every body wanted a play.

Have fun

It's kind of strange that when you exclude keyboards, guitar and bass (even though some people seemed to miss the fact that I said OTHER THAN those instruments... :hihi: ) that there aren't that many that have posted, and mostly the people I already knew.

I've been addicted to learning new instruments for years and can play some of them pretty well (and some not so well) and wondered if anyone else considered learning anything outside of the unholy trinity...

I (badly) play one of these:

http://www.stick.com/instruments/ns/

Though, it's basically a bass guitar and regular guitar tacked together. :lol: FUN!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

The guy here who really play the stick well is Har.

robojam wrote:The guy here who really play the stick well is Har.
true dat, he's also fun to follow on FB :) But I have faith in ZC though his (oh lord I hate say this for fear of 'out of context') stick is different than Har's as I recall :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”