Moog Minitaur

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Chuck E. Jesus wrote:
atraf11 wrote: music again became a product instead of a weapon
i wonder of the three (minitaur, minibrute, or pulse 2) which would make the better weapon?
music, not instrument. tis what you do with it, silly! :oops:

Any reasonably accurate ETA on these things yet? Digital Village are telling me they should be getting very limited stock in early April, with unreserved stocks possibly arriving as late as June. I thought the Moog blog said they were shipping this week? What are they shipping on a friggin slow boat to China?! :lol: What's the deal here?

Dogboy73 wrote:Any reasonably accurate ETA on these things yet? Digital Village are telling me they should be getting very limited stock in early April, with unreserved stocks possibly arriving as late as June. I thought the Moog blog said they were shipping this week? What are they shipping on a friggin slow boat to China?! :lol: What's the deal here?
I've seen this happen all too often so prepared myself for the long wait time.
Back when Marshal announced their "Class 5" Tube amp combo and retailers were taking pre-orders the scenario was ridiculous. "Expecting soon", "ooops later than we thought" Early April, then June, you get the picture. People were beginning to think it was "vaporware" It did finally hit the shelves but to many
user's dismay, the rattle issue, that never went away until years later when they released a new version. I am just hoping the rush to get these units out doesn't
create QC issues. From what I have seen re: the "MiniBrute" best case probably late April for those that have pre-ordered. Not sure about the Minitaur, but I get the feeling it will be available sooner.
Lucky for me I have made many recent purchases both hard and soft that is keeping me busy in the meantime. Just moving past some learning curves and am back to making music again. My MiniBrute will be more than welcome when it comes home
to me. And what next, Minitaur(wallet hurts)

Dogboy73 wrote:Any reasonably accurate ETA on these things yet? Digital Village are telling me they should be getting very limited stock in early April, with unreserved stocks possibly arriving as late as June. I thought the Moog blog said they were shipping this week? What are they shipping on a friggin slow boat to China?! :lol: What's the deal here?
Moog told me they're shipping to us this week or next week. We still have unreserved units available and we ship to the UK. :)

whitecloud wrote:I am just hoping the rush to get these units out doesn't create QC issues.
It seemed very solid at the NAMM show.
From what I have seen re: the "MiniBrute" best case probably late April for those that have pre-ordered. Not sure about the Minitaur, but I get the feeling it will be available sooner.
Agreed.

Uncle E wrote:
Moog told me they're shipping to us this week or next week. We still have unreserved units available and we ship to the UK. :)
How much with shipping to the UK? ........ And how come you're getting them so soon?! Digital Village over here seem to be last people to get stuff! I had an Korg Monotron Delay and previously an IK MIDI ipad interface on pre-order. I cancelled both because they turned up on e-bay long before they got them in stock! Crazy!

Dogboy73 wrote:How much with shipping to the UK?
Probably around $40. The Minitaur is tiny.
And how come you're getting them so soon?! Digital Village over here seem to be last people to get stuff!
That's what Moog told me last week. Maybe Digital Village will get them soon, too, and just don't know it, or maybe they simply sold out of their first batch already.

Uncle E wrote:
Dogboy73 wrote:How much with shipping to the UK?
Probably around $40. The Minitaur is tiny.
And how come you're getting them so soon?! Digital Village over here seem to be last people to get stuff!
That's what Moog told me last week. Maybe Digital Village will get them soon, too, and just don't know it, or maybe they simply sold out of their first batch already.
just curious Eric, what method of shipping do you use for the uk because I had two pups I wanted to send to vurt and ups wanted like 79 dollars...maybe I can still get them to vurt :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:just curious Eric, what method of shipping do you use for the uk because I had two pups I wanted to send to vurt and ups wanted like 79 dollars...maybe I can still get them to vurt :shrug:
Of course I'm not Eric but I prefer to ship via USPS when sending stuff overseas. It's usually a lot less expensive, depending on which service you choose. If I can fit something in a flat rate box, it can cost as little as $17 to go to the UK. You can also use their First-Class service (the cheapest international option) but I don't think you get a tracking number when you ship that way. I sent a little DIY sampler I built, to vurt, in a flat rate box and it was very affordable.

I also send prototypes to my coworker in the UK and to our factory in China this way. It has been very reliable so far.

Hink wrote:just curious Eric, what method of shipping do you use for the uk because I had two pups I wanted to send to vurt and ups wanted like 79 dollars...maybe I can still get them to vurt :shrug:
Use USPS EMS Global Express, it'll be less than half that. We use Fed Ex International Priority because it's faster, it's more reliable, and they give us a 70% discount. :)

Dogboy73 wrote:And how come you're getting them so soon?! Digital Village over here seem to be last people to get stuff! I had an Korg Monotron Delay and previously an IK MIDI ipad interface on pre-order. I cancelled both because they turned up on e-bay long before they got them in stock! Crazy!
You think that's annoying? I pre-ordered the Taurus 3 pedals as part of the deal to get them made in the first place if there were enough orders. As soon as they started being built they started turning up on eBay etc. and I hadn't even received mine.

And then to top it all a guy on the Moog forum told of how he didn't even know the Taurus 3 had been in development for the last couple of years - he saw them in a music store and bought them. So now a guy who didn't even know these things existed two weeks before and had put no money into the development had them before I did!

I was slightly peaved for a month or so. Or more like :x

thanks Justin and Eric, I'll get in touch with him because I still have the box in the car :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Mr Arkadin wrote:
Dogboy73 wrote:And how come you're getting them so soon?! Digital Village over here seem to be last people to get stuff! I had an Korg Monotron Delay and previously an IK MIDI ipad interface on pre-order. I cancelled both because they turned up on e-bay long before they got them in stock! Crazy!
You think that's annoying? I pre-ordered the Taurus 3 pedals as part of the deal to get them made in the first place if there were enough orders. As soon as they started being built they started turning up on eBay etc. and I hadn't even received mine.

And then to top it all a guy on the Moog forum told of how he didn't even know the Taurus 3 had been in development for the last couple of years - he saw them in a music store and bought them. So now a guy who didn't even know these things existed two weeks before and had put no money into the development had them before I did!

I was slightly peaved for a month or so. Or more like :x
Same thing happened with those Chimera synths. I pre-ordered when they were in development, and kept getting bogus messages saying they'd be shipped soon, near the date they were supposed to be ready. Of course, they didn't ship, and when they finally had a batch ready to ship, they shipped to new orders, and friends of the owner, leaving those who'd ordered months in advance out in the cold.

I'd be happy to wait til I actually see a Minitaur in a shop first. It gives me time to save some money!

Cheeso wrote:Same thing happened with those Chimera synths. I pre-ordered when they were in development, and kept getting bogus messages saying they'd be shipped soon, near the date they were supposed to be ready. Of course, they didn't ship, and when they finally had a batch ready to ship, they shipped to new orders, and friends of the owner, leaving those who'd ordered months in advance out in the cold.
It was a shame about the Chimera. I think the guy was onto a bit of a winner there. Great little thing. Unfortunately he was on his own as far as I'm aware. He made a bit of a pigs ear of the whole thing in the end. Easy to say now but he should have got some help on that one. It maybe could have developed into a nice little business for him. Happy the man who is paid for his hobby :wink:
I'd be happy to wait til I actually see a Minitaur in a shop first. It gives me time to save some money!

I think I'm going to do the same. I'm pretty set on getting one eventually but I just think pre-ordering is daft unless there is some sort of guarantee you're going to get in early on the first limited batch or something. Even then wouldn't you rather actually get some feedback on the thing before committing your hard earned? I'm convinced this thing is going to be very good & you'd expect high quality all round from Moog. But there seems to be so much misinformation about when we're actually likely to see this thing - We've been told last week that it will start shipping this week. DV have told me they MIGHT be getting a few as part of an early batch (big IF if you ask me & when exactly?!) with unreserved stocks as late as June!! So pre-ordering might turn into a bit of a wind up with me emailing them every five minutes asking for an update :x Instead I'll sit back, relax & listen to the new Boards of Canada double album (rumoured by Peter Serafinowicz on his radio show & as likely to appear anytime soon as the Minitaur!! :hihi: )

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”