What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

EWQLSO alternatives?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

chokehold
KVRAF

1973 posts since 10 Oct, 2007, from Almanya

Postby chokehold; Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:05 am

I only have the free "Monster Staccatos" section of the Cinematic Strings, and they really are what the name suggests: monstrous. Nice rough and determined sound. I use them in nearly all of my projects, they only have some trouble with really (!) fast triplets, sound a little washy and untight. But knowing that, I can work around it.

Only wish the complete Library weren't that expensive. :/
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My free stuff: u-he Satin presets for SD2 Metal Foundry - Black Noh Snare - Tiny Metal Impact - Kriminal's LP SG
canadianlight
KVRist

109 posts since 23 Jun, 2011, from Canada, Toronto

Postby canadianlight; Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Can anyone tell me if HS is just an updated version of the strings from EWQLSO, or does it have a different sound? The demos are all of the "soaring" type like you hear in ET. EWQLSO however sounds more video game like. I'm not sure how they sound in your hands.

Thanks.
mjuhl
KVRer

5 posts since 16 Jan, 2012, from USA

Postby mjuhl; Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:44 pm

+1 for Albion and LASS. CineBrass blends well with Albion as well.
vastman
KVRist

55 posts since 10 Apr, 2009, from Oakland, CA

Postby vastman; Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:26 am

LASS, by far... What they are doing is truely amazing... I have both ew platinum and all KHunter and regret not going LASS. Am saving $$$ now. Check out their vids, which are great... ART and all their other innovative tools make creating a joy! :love:
My climate music at soundclick.com/vastman
Win7x64/i74930/32g/Forte/SonarX3e; Iceni, Alchemy, DivaDZebra, Omni/Tril/RMX, Juggernaught DM-307/AEON/Damage/Evolve, GD-6, Ample AGM/T/G/F,lotta KH/OT/EWQL/SL/; custom Novax Tele+Strat/Ibanez SR1200/SR505
Brookwood
KVRer

19 posts since 5 Dec, 2011

Postby Brookwood; Fri May 11, 2012 7:56 pm

I'm also curious how dry the close-miced sounds of EWQL are. I'm considering adding a license but dont have anything to go on demo-wise.
Thanks-
koolkeys
KVRAF

16079 posts since 2 Dec, 2003, from Nashville, TN

Postby koolkeys; Fri May 11, 2012 7:59 pm

canadianlight wrote:Can anyone tell me if HS is just an updated version of the strings from EWQLSO, or does it have a different sound? The demos are all of the "soaring" type like you hear in ET. EWQLSO however sounds more video game like. I'm not sure how they sound in your hands.

Thanks.
The Hollywood series is completely new recordings.

I don't have HS or HB, so I can't comment on their sound or quality, but they are new recordings for sure.

Brent
sidfrancis
KVRist

36 posts since 29 Apr, 2009

Postby sidfrancis; Sat May 12, 2012 3:26 am

The close mics of EWQL: totally dry, very near and, hurray, stereo. For those who look for a harsher, more intimate sound: okay, as long as you can bear the general sound of EWQLSO. I can't anymore. Changed to Cinematic Strings 2 in combination with Lass Sordinos and its the beginning of a new day, what do I say, a new world. EWQLSO is still good for some additional brass and wood though.

Just my two cents
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries