Update: Cubase 6.5 available (49,99€)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, it seems to be true ;)
There are some rumours about Soundcloud integration, the new synth "Padshop" and other stuff... But this update will not be for free.

Some quote from the Steinberg Forum from Helge Vogt (Product Manager Steinberg).
Helge Vogt wrote: The good news is: 6.5 brings a host of useful and great sounding features, and you'll love it — just like we do. But yes, it won't come for free - it simply can't.

However, we are confident that this is a fair deal - consistent with our philosophy. In less than 24 hours you can make your own judgement - when we reveal the full picture
Last edited by 4damind on Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seems a bit rough to have to pay for a point release :(

Queue Reaper quote..
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Keith99 wrote:Seems a bit rough to have to pay for a point release :(
Eventually Steinberg collected enough new features where it makes sense to make a bigger update and don't wait till 2013 with Cubase 7.
To be honest, this time things are changing very quickly. Every 2 years with a paid update version is eventually not the best solution if they had some interesting ideas on the table. Studio One and other DAWs don't sleep.

No one has to get the update- buy it if you want it,. don't if you don't....

They have said in the past (on the cubse Forum) that 7 will be a major overhaul, addressing the 'windows' style etc...I suspect this will help fund the developement- if you get a couple of synths and toys for 40 bucks or whatever, I suspect the update will be good, even if the 'we dpon't pay for point updates' crowd rebels (and if they called it '7' there would be even more trouble!)

While it's fine, I suppose, to load up additional features that might justify charging for a point release, what do you do with those that are waiting for legitimate bug fixes and standard tweaks to the current version that they own and paid for?

It's not like Cubase is a cut-rate discount program to begin with. I paid heavily for SX back in the day, and I've also paid for every upgrade since then just to stay current. I have no problem with this, but I do expect to get what I paid for.

And, BTW, upgrades for Cubase routinely cost more than full versions of many other DAWS. So the plaintive cry of "it simply can't...[be given away]" is completely lost on me.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Very curious what the deal is with this... Not too happy that this is a paid update though I'm sure it can't be much! :)

I hope not. I agree with Berfab, we have been waiting for some bug fixes and if we have to now pay for a new version that is a bit rough. I was promised the lanes would be fixed :( However if it is not too pricey and we get some nice goodies e.g. padshop then fair enough

Theres a picture on gearslutz of the core features of this update.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... 6-5-a.html

I think they will charge half of the normal upgrade price, so 75$/65€.

"Phat, phresh and Phunky sounds with Retrologue"

:dog:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

"Rewire 64bit" ???????????

whet wrote:Theres a picture on gearslutz of the core features of this update.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... 6-5-a.html

I think they will charge half of the normal upgrade price, so 75$/65€.
If it's more than €49 they can eat dust.. and updates are usually €199 incl. VAT, and I'm NOT paying €99 for a .5 update just to add another couple of Steinberg instruments to the already huge pile of disappointing c**p. Stay on the bugfixing trail, Steinberg!
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

If that picture is correct then that's a pretty crap update.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

There is going to be a free 6.06 update too that includes bugfixes as well as Rewire 64 bit support. Confirmed.

ZINO wrote:There is going to be a free 6.06 update too that includes bugfixes as well as Rewire 64 bit support. Confirmed.
Oh, that's good news. :)
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”