"Spirits" (Ambient / Tribal)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

This is my new track "Spirits". When I started it I didn't know it would take this direction, but I am happy with where it went. It sounds a little tribal, and ambient as well. Reminds me of shamans and spirits etc.. Anywho, here it is and I hope you enjoy;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51101674/Majest ... pirits.mp3

Or on Soundcloud;

http://soundcloud.com/majesticspacecathedral/spirits

Thanks,

Steven. :D

Excellent! I really loved every bit of it.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

quite cool wee pic there in thumbnail.

yes, has a majestic space sound, and quite ominous vibe for me, kind of darker spirits. Some beauitul deep tones.

cool

@ Synthgeek; Thanks for listening and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

@ Fate; Thank you for listening as well. I was going for a deeper darker sound so I'm glad you thought it sounded that way. As far as the pic in the soundcloud widget, its a picture of a real-world painting of mine that I ran through a "metal" filter in Zbrush. Thanks again!

PaleBlueDot wrote: the pic in the soundcloud widget, its a real-world painting of mine that I ran through a "metal" filter in Zbrush.
zbrush

8)

Great atmosphere!
What did you use for the "didjeridoo" sound? That was tasty rich :D

Yes, terrific atmosphere and a sense of foreboding in this piece. Quite a lovely listen, thanks!
Image Image

JoeCat wrote:Great atmosphere!
What did you use for the "didjeridoo" sound? That was tasty rich :D
@ JoeCat; The "didjeridoo" sound was a sawtooth wave sound I created on my Roland SH-01 Gaia. I turned the LP cutoff all the way down then activated the key hold. I triggered the note I wanted then slowly crept the cutoff up and recorded it. I slowly brought in an LFO about halfway through the song while inching up the cutoff and resonance. That is what gave it the "didjeridoo" effect. :)

@ Polyslax; Thanks for the listen Poly. Foreboding? Now that you mention it, yes I hear that as well :)

Great piece Steven. I was getting all kinds of movie vibes here from The Thing to The Terminator. The sound choices were spot-on, and the atmosphere you created was certainly dark and full of tension. :tu:

seismic1 wrote:Great piece Steven. I was getting all kinds of movie vibes here from The Thing to The Terminator. The sound choices were spot-on, and the atmosphere you created was certainly dark and full of tension. :tu:
@ Seismic; Thanks for listening. Movie vibes...mmmmm..... I like that. :)

Very nice atmosphere, and certainly feels cinematic!

Cool sounds too :)

Very cool. Thank you.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”