CronoX 4

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lschefman wrote:I really do think the new GUI is a huge improvement. The GUI on v.3 is the main reason that I rarely use the plug. It looks cool but the workflow isn't great. Really looking forward to the upgrade now!
I never have a problem with any gui on a synth/sample after a few tut's I get to grips with them, and infact enjoy that not everything is homogenized into a kind of uninspired bag DSP design.

It's what seperates the identity of the device in the first place. some common controls are good, I like macros for tweeking things on the fly, but it's not essential.

Infact most of all I don't really care how it looks to much as long as it remains professional and most of all the attention to controls that have a good creative function over the engine to produce the desired response are evident.

Cronox 4 does not look inspiring to me, at the moment, but it's early on in the game and I like Linplug so I'm waiting to see.

This is really beautiful, at least it will be if you pick the right color <g> For me, this is an underutilized resource -- I just forgot about it, to be honest -- but it won't be!
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

Oh i love this already, even in black and white. the workflow would be so much easier than 3 being able to see the controls all at once

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Thew newsletter contained a new screenshot, which is here:

http://www.linplug.com/cronox_4.html

The screenshot is grey, because the color scheme is not yet decided.

And the upgrade will not be free, however, it will be somewhat in line with the amount of new presets (so, yes, there will be new ones).
Even leaving aside the grey the gui looks rather bland compared to the lovely elegant design of v3.

Looks much better than V3. That was rather confusing looking. I hope the arp is like that of Albino rather than that of Morphox. Albino had the most brilliant arp ever. Very simple but had tie and swing. Developers can't seem to remember to put both of those in very often.

Personally, I hope the color scheme remains predominately gray. I love the way it looks already. I'd only like to see a dash of color for values only.

Hi,

I personally like the new interface, mainly because I hate flipping pages... I had been using Cronox as a preset synth (Shame on me, I know). However, with this interface, I could see myself delving deeper into this synth... Good work!

Regarding colour - Why not hide Hue, Saturation & Brightness sliders somewhere in the interface? This way it's up to the user which colour suits them best... IMO - Personally I like the grey colour scheme :)

Again, great work LinPlug!
PC: Intel i7 920, 12Gb Ram, Vista 64 (& hate it), Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP
Hardware: Access Virus Ti, Akai MPC-5000, Novation Nova & ReMOTE 61 SL, NI Maschine, Focusrite LiquidMix
Software: FL Studio and Cubase - Plugins: Too many!

Looks like it's the minority view, but I hate the new design -- cluttered and uninspiring. I have no problem with the pages in C3; thought they were well organized and implemented.

I agree with aMUSEd -- I hate to see the elegance of C3 fall by the wayside. I like VIs that have their own unique personality; C4 looks like a bunch of other synths to me...

Sorry... :shrug:

Alright, I do have to say, the gui for cronox4, does remind me of rgc audio's sfx player, and of..dare I say.......z3ta..gasp.

It certainlly will make it easier to load and get into the basic magling of samples..which is what we all love to do isn't it?? ;)

I am sure it will be just as deep as version3.. I love my linplug products, and I don't believe peter would do anything that would be considered a step backward in any way. Peter, if you are looking for alpha, beta testers, and preset design..I would love to throw my hat in the ring, if I may.

BL
some people are just dicks, and think the worst of everyone.

Thanks for all the feedback, its appreciated, each one!
shortyedwards wrote:... with an eye towards ease-of-use.
In this case, for CronoX 4 its the primary focus. I can see that an extraordinary design like with CronoX 3 can be inspiring, however, with CronoX 4 its all about usability. Of course we cant match everyones preference in this respect.
BL_Zebub wrote:Alright, I do have to say, the gui for cronox4, does remind me of rgc audio's sfx player, and of..dare I say.......z3ta..gasp.
Really ? :lol:
...and I don't believe peter would do anything that would be considered a step backward in any way.
Well, everything you do will please some people and annoy other people. As a dev you have to deal with that. It not means that you ignore your users opinions but rather that I have to balance all that into something I believe is the right step forward, and yes, some will see it as step backward, thats always the case with each and every update.
Important: This not means I'am right and who see this as a step backward is wrong, it just means we see it different and have different preferences, thats perfectly ok!

Cronox3 has long been a favourite of mine, it sounds amazing, I love the look of it and I've never had a problem with it's multi-page layout. However, now I've seen how you've organised all those settings into a single page, I have to compliment you on the new design and say I'm really looking forward to playing with version4. And, though I've already got shedloads of presets for it, there's always room for more :)

I will admit one thing though - I really hope you stick with the yellow colour scheme, I always liked it and I automatically associate it with Cronox :D

for me it looks like a good workhorse. i hope its sound also great. then it will be the better albino :)

megaton wrote:Personally, I hope the color scheme remains predominately gray. I love the way it looks already. I'd only like to see a dash of color for values only.
+1. No saturated colors, please. Less is More!

I like it and I like C3 as well. A little orange tone and it will blend in Bitwig :wink:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Just want to chip in and say I am very excited by this new instrument.
I love the new GUI design and only wish for a bit of colour on some of the
in focus knobs.

Good sense really, otherwise how shall we know wtf we are? ;-)

I am really looking forward to this vst.
I think it could be so amazing.

Hopefully it is not too long now.
But it is ready when it is ready.

Kudos to Peter and the development team.
Excellent work.

More!

Edit:
Don't be afraid of taking a leaf out of Gol's and Fruity Loops design scheme.
I just bought harmless, and love it's neutral background with very 'fruity' colours on the knobs of green, pink, blue etc... anyway, be bold.

with such a majorly neutral background it gives scope for designers to make bold statements.... be brave (whilst being conservative) - excellent work.

Return to “LinPlug”