Steinberg Padshop

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PAK wrote:FWIW (nothing certain) Cubase users can maybe expect Padshop to be bundled free of charge with Cubase 6.5 - if/when it's launched at Musikmesse.
FWIW I think you can maybe expect this NOT to happen...

Marcus797 wrote:
PAK wrote:FWIW (nothing certain) Cubase users can maybe expect Padshop to be bundled free of charge with Cubase 6.5 - if/when it's launched at Musikmesse.
+1 to that. But one could hope a bit of that granular stuff would make it into HALion 4 at least.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Marcus797 wrote:
We'll see.. won't we? But it's likely to be true FYI ;)

cubase 6.5?

where are the news on that?

anyway, when will padshop be available?

i really want it i gt impressed with the very first paddish sound frm the video

Sampleconstruct wrote:What a silly concept it is to offer a Granular synthesis Plug-In with no sample import.
This is indeed an amusing prejudgement! And this even though no one had the chance to work with it up to now.

Where were you and where are you when they introduce subtractive Synthesizer with only a hand full of waveforms and no sample import?

Padshop should come with hundreds of samples which can easily be multiplied because of its nature and handling as grains. So, what is the point?

It's of course of vital importance that most audible spectra are covered though!

Nice :)
It seems like Padshop will really be included in the Cubase 6.5 update :)
It's still useless without sample import but free things are always nice :)
Where did the whole "It can't import samples" thing even come from?

Cheers
Dennis

It this is true and Padshop really will be included in the next Cubase update, it would've been nice to have this info from Steinberg directly to prevent Cubase users from buying a product which they'll get for free within the coming month(s) anyway...

And the "cant import samples" is related to the specifications of Padshop, which states a ROM-bank of samples to choose from for making own custom sounds. No mention of any sort of import-options - not even drag'n'drop from within Cubase.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
Nice :)
It seems like Photoshop will really be included in the Cubase 6.5 update :)
Fixed

:hihi:

It would make sense to bundle it with Cubase 6.5 and give other users the option to buy it for their non-Cubase VST3 host. It's very cheap and VST3 only and to be honest Cubase lacks a bit good synth plug-ins.
If no eLicenser USB dongle is needed than it uses the soft-eLicenser?

Btw. I don't expect that Steinberg will completely move away from eLicenser. It's a relatively good working copy protection and the handling for the user is easy.

Well, I said Padshop would come free with Cubase 6.5.. which is correct.

But Cubase 6.5 is apparently NOT a free update. Steinberg expect you to pay for it if you bought Cubase before Jan 1st 2012 (I think). Not a very nice development. I think they've said they'll release price details tomorrow (Wednesday).

PADSHOP itself is listed for 50EUR as well.

But I'm also thinking of "deal breaker" if you can't load own samples. Then again, neither does the other bundled Steinberg stuff unless it's "Steinberg".

Suddenly the 50EUR update doesn't look interesting anymore.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Most "romplers" can't load samples and they've been used in 1000s of records and many of them (the records) don't sound the same too. Some limitations can cause you not to be lazy...

jdieks wrote:Most "romplers" can't load samples and they've been used in 1000s of records and many of them (the records) don't sound the same too. Some limitations can cause you not to be lazy...
+1. And does e.g. Omnisphere support loading user samples? Did that hurt it's popularity? I guess not...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:
jdieks wrote:Most "romplers" can't load samples and they've been used in 1000s of records and many of them (the records) don't sound the same too. Some limitations can cause you not to be lazy...
+1. And does e.g. Omnisphere support loading user samples? Did that hurt it's popularity? I guess not...
Well good points and I'm sure Padshop will definitly dig its way in and find its users. Still, to me at least, a granular synth that doesn't allow you to use your own samples and the sounds of your choice doesn't make sense.

Return to “Instruments”