MuLab on the top 15 DAWs list by MusicRadar!

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

14th place, just above Sony Acid!

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/ ... y-238905/2
MuLab is one of those DAWs that operates slightly under the radar: lots of people will never have heard of it, but its users are passionate about it.
so true!

:love:

here's the silly part:
That said, even MuLab's biggest fans would have to admit that it doesn't have a feature set to rival those of its pricier rivals, but if you want to do the basics - record/edit MIDI and audio, mix, use plug-ins etc - and like the idea of a simple, no-clutter interface, give it a try.
ok, but why not mention the modular engine, great sounding synths, effects, stability, ease of use?

:roll:

still, good coverage!

:tu:
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

bpblog wrote: ok, but why not mention the modular engine, great sounding synths, effects, stability, ease of use?
I'm guessing they haven't actually tried it.
And FL Studio the number one DAW ? I dont think so.

While I am sure that it is all good coverage, it is just based on an online poll. So the software thast most Musicradar readers have (that can be bothered to vote) will win.

So FL studio is in 1st place with 4 stars, Ableton Live 2nd place with 4.5 stars and Logic Pro in 3rd place with 5 stars! - makes no sense.

Now I am not trying to knock MuLab (I have never tried it), I am just surprised that MusicRadar would use the term 'best DAW' based on this method of polling (most popular does not mean best).

I would guess that MuLab is actually better thasn some of the other DAWs above it. And of course as you say it is good coverage and it is always nice to know that a developer has a passionate customer base, which can only reflect well on the product and how the developer treats it's customers.

I'd be interested to know how many people partook in the survey - maybe it turns out FL is simply more popular than Logic. It wouldn't surprise me seeing as the latter is only being marketed to Mac Users these days.

As for MU.LAB I think I should definitely be higher up than garageband (:shock:), but as the old internet folk say, YMMV.

I have Logic btw and while I wouldn't want to miss it from my toolbox, it's MU.LAB I feel much more at ease with in most situations.

Acid Mitch wrote:
bpblog wrote: ok, but why not mention the modular engine, great sounding synths, effects, stability, ease of use?
I'm guessing they haven't actually tried it.
And FL Studio the number one DAW ? I dont think so.
This is a popularity contest. FL has a lot of followers and they would never be willing to try something else. Mu.lab is so user friendly. I love it.
You can't say the same for some other DAW's out there. It's good to see mu.lab climbing the charts.

You people got it all wrong!
The best Daws are from the #15 down. Hum... But that's makes FL the worse one. :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Because the modular Engine is hidden under the hood
That is because Mutools is too modest to show what's under the hood of Mulab

Therefore it must be coming more on the forefront that there is a modular editor inside for soundconstructing
A advertising slogan for MUlab is : MAKE YOUR OWN SOUND AND EFFECT IN MULAB :o
I am sure that this is good selling point..so Mutools focus on that.
One big new knob MODULAR MuX EDITOR in front of program..no 2 knobs : session modulair aerea and the Mux modular editor.
There is room enough for the buttons

If there is a focus on a instrument than you can go directly to the deep editor

You must attract the attention of people.

janamdo wrote:Because the modular Engine is hidden under the hood
That is because Mutools is too modest to show what's under the hood of Mulab
Therefore it must be coming more on the forefront that there is a modular editor inside for soundconstructing
I regard the M4 Intro Movie as the most public intro to MuLab.
Half of that movie talks about the modular aspects.
I think that's a good proportion.
One big new knob MODULAR MuX EDITOR in front of program..no 2 knobs : session modulair aerea and the Mux modular editor.
Coincidentally that's in the pipeline: The SMA becomes a MuX.
You must attract the attention of people.
I do my best. Not always easy, it seems.

a tutorial on you tube in spoken english would be very helpful. as it is, you need to read very quickly to get general ideas from the intro. many tutorials that explain different parts in detail is what others have. i think mulab needs to meet the customer a little further out there rather than relying on them to figure it out themselves. oh and more more more visual feedback in the program its self.

i apologize if that sounds harsh.

> DiGiT < wrote:i apologize if that sounds harsh.
No Problem i think Jo is appreciate this :D , realize that you give positive feedback for getting Mulab better.

It is very strange that Mulab is not praised for his modular features in this ranking and the product video for Mulab has no relevance..seems to be.
> DiGiT < wrote:i think mulab needs to meet the customer a little further out there rather than relying on them to figure it out themselves. oh and more more more visual feedback in the program its self.
Yes that is a good point, it is a combination of visuals and spoken text or only text
It is like selling something on a market!

Return to “MUTOOLS”