Using a plugin parameter as a modulator ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For example i have a midi controller setup to control the Mfilter frequency.
I would like the controlled frequency to be used as a modulator to control the Q of the filter, so that i can link the Q to the frequency according to a certain ratio.
Then, whenever the frequency is adjusted, the Q will change accordingly.
Is this possible at the moment with the Melda Effects ?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out !

Well, you can just map the controller to both - frequency and Q ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yep thanks for responding, but i had left that option out because i want the Q to have a different response to the controller than the frequency parameter.
I want the Q to react very specifically to the frequency change and the parameters inside the modulator section of your vsts are very precise and would certainly allow to do that.
Also if i change my midi mappings, it's easier if there's just one control to change, and finally another advantage is that the modulators are saved with the presets, so it's simple to recall the link between the parameters as a part of the sound of the preset.

In that case I would use a multiparameter to control all relevant parameters and map the controller to the multiparameter.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Wow that worked great, after some trial and error, i managed to do exactly what i wanted !
I understand the multiparameter thing better now.
Thanks. :)

Perfect! 8)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”