What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRian

946 posts since 6 Jul, 2005

Postby taoyoyo; Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:57 am Problem with PunchMulti VST in Kore2 [ OSX ]

Hi there,

Just wanted to report an issue with latest build of PunchMulti VST for OSX in Kore2... Kore is unable to see that it has extra outputs (and does not have the 'add extra output' option in the pulldown menu).

The AU version, however, does work.

I have tried the same VST multi-output version in Studio One and Ableton Live and it works fine, just wondered if there was anything in the new release you've mentioned that might help Kore see the outputs. :)

If all fails I can use the AU version.

Many thanks,

Alan
KVRAF

3495 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:39 am

That is odd, we haven't had reports, but I don't have kore on the Mac, so I can't test. We are using the standard way of adding channels so, so it should see them, does Kore have issues with multi-channel plugins generally ?

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby taoyoyo; Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.

The Multi-out instruments I've tried in the past (Maschine, M-Tonic, Battery, the d16 808/909/606 emulations) have all worked fine in Kore in the past... it's odd, the AU works fine.

I might try a couple things and see if I can force Kore to sort itself out! :)

Will let you know if I have any joy.

Cheers,

Alan
KVRian

Postby taoyoyo; Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:53 am

Okay... found out how to get the MultiOut VST version working... I had to remove 'Punch VST' leaving the MO version on it's own. It looks like Kore was picking up the normal version even when selecting the Multi.
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi there

Thanks for letting us know about this work-around. I wonder if it is because both versions have the same vst id, hmm.

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby taoyoyo; Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:49 am

You're welcome Jon... it's just the VST, I tried the AU versions (Punch and PunchMulti) behave nicely together.
KVRian

Postby taoyoyo; Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Sorry to bump this thread up again... but it's still relevant with the next version of Punch being on hold until Blade is done. Am still having the issue with multi-outs not working until the single Punch is removed.

Just wanted to add, there is also a problem with the VST version of Punch Multi not following through between 32 and 64 bit versions of Kore...

I saved a multi-template in 64bit (within Maschine) and when trying to open it in 32 bit versions of Maschine (and Kore standalone) it crashes either. (I'm on OSX 10.7.3... I can provide crash logs if helpful).

(PS: I'm hoping that Ableton Live goes 64bit soon so all this jumping from 32-64 is over!)

Cheers,

Alan
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:04 am

Hi there

We are releasing Punch 1.0.3 next week, so I would try that and see if it helps, but I think it might be the case that you will have to only use PunchMulti (rather than the single versions) due to the way Kore/ Maschine deals with VST (them needing unique vst-ids as I said)

32 / 64 bit of Kore, are you using the 64 bit version of Punch ?

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby taoyoyo; Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:52 am

Hey Jon,

Great news about the new version coming next week.

There's no problem my end with not having the single VST version active on my machine... I'm in using the Multi-out version (mainly within Kore).

I've been using the 64bit VST version, which should work with 32 bit too? (there's only one combined 32/64 file, compared to the two used for 32 and 64 bit AU).

I saved the Kore template in 64bit Kore (with 64bit MultiPunch) and it works standalone and within Maschine (both 64bit) but initiating the template in 32bit Kore crashes Kore (or Maschine).

I'll try it the other way around (and see if I can open a template created in 32bit in 64).

Cheers,

Alan
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:21 am

Hi there

The 64 bit vst should be usable in both 32 & 64 bit versions, so that is odd. So give a try with the new version and let us know.

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby taoyoyo; Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Will look forward to trying out the new version later this week.

Thanks Jon. :)
KVRian

Postby taoyoyo; Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi Jon,

Just thought I would update you on my findings with Punch 1.0.3 now its out.

It looks like the same Kore template with MultiPunch in it will work in both 32 and 64 bit now.

There is quite an interesting problem where now Punch and PunchMulti both need to be installed otherwise Kore will crash every time it opens (I thought initially it was the template I had created, so I created a new one but on a hunch I moved Punch back in the VST folder and Kore would load again).

In Maschine 64 bit when either Punch or Punch Multi VST is opened it causes audio to cut out in Maschine. If I try to load another plugin over Punch or in any other location in Maschine the audio is dead... loading Kore with the PunchMulti template I created is fine though.

Been pretty busy so haven't had time to give the new features a spin yet but looking forward to it. :)
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:37 pm

That's great it seems a bit better in someways now, but I'll need to think about the other stuff.

Cheers

Jon
KVRian

Postby taoyoyo; Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:33 am

... my main issue was getting PunchMulti into Kore across 32/64 so yes, that's nicely sorted! :)

I was then planning on using that Punch Kore template instead of the individual instances so the no-audio bug in Maschine (it's in both 32 and 64 bit VSTs btw) isn't a biggie for me but may be for others. Thought I'd flag it up either way. :)

Cheers Jon.
KVRian

Postby taoyoyo; Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:06 am

Oooops, actually I take that back.

I've just opened the MultiPunch template I created last night and PunchMulti is acting like Punch single and not routing the individual outs to the extra output channels I've created.

So for instance, I have routed BD1 to Output ST 8 and it still plays in the DRY channel.

Also tried recreating the template but Kore is not giving me the option of adding Additional Outputs (this harks back to the old problem we had where if Punch and Punch Multi VSTs are installed side by side the Additional Outs aren't accessible but now with the added complication that if Punch isn't installed Kore crashes!)

I'd use the AU instead but it still has that 5 second lag with moving the knobs in Kore (and Maschine), works fine in S1... so appears to be NI-related.
Next

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen