I just hope..

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That one day we will reach point when DSP audio developers won't include in their audio demos that god damn stupid wobble bass thing in every god damn product out to be released!! :x

I just can't stand it anymore. Seriously when i click on every announced new plugin i fear of hearing that stupid sound. I can't stand it as much as i can't stand that supposedly whole new musical genre is called and defined by a simple LFO driving the filter. Can it be more stupid then this?

Sorry...i think i am having really bad day.. :(

Yeah. They should put something original in, like supersaws and 303 soundalikes.

GeckoYamori wrote:Yeah. They should put something original in, like supersaws and 303 soundalikes.
Now that's something funny i think (see...i am definitely in bad mood)..

GTFO, grouching up the board ;)

Seriously though, like it or not dubstep wahubble bass (that's the official spelling btw) is a big thing wid da yoofs dem so you're gonna have learn a little patience for the WWHHARRRG-WWHARRRRG-GEERRRRAAAAHHHHHH ;)

Back in the day, it was ... better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAqwPcGuSpk
... space is the place ...

Personally, I'd rather hear wub-wub bass than those goddamn overly-reverbed cheesy supersaw trance chord progressions and arpeggios that filled every single synth demo from 2005-2009. I don't care much for dubstep, but at least I find it tolerable. And for what it's worth, wub-wubs make a pretty good display of what a synth's filters and LFOs sound like. On the other hand, I really f**king hate trance music. I mean, I f**king despise that horse shit. When I hear supersaw trance melodies I immediately turn off the demo music. I just can't tolerate that crap. Shoot me, but I think the current wub-wub trend in synth demos is an improvement.

BTW, Skrillex won 3 Grammy's this year. Not one, three. I don't really think winning a grammy makes someone's music any more relevant as art, but as far as the music industry is concerned, that's some serious business. There was hardly an electronic music scene in the U.S. until dubstep came about. Now, virtually every 14 year old kid in America is blasting wub-wub bass on their ipod. Like it or not, debstep is what finally brought electronic music to the masses here. It's a big f**king deal right now.

I remember a few years when all of the electronic music producers and fans here would complain about how the U.S. doesn't appreciate electronic music, and talk about how cool it would be if electronic music took over the U.S. like it did in Europe. And now that they got what they asked for, all they want to do is bitch about wub-wub bass. Really? Everyone is just going to have to suck it up and deal.

(Note, I mean no disrespect towards people who listen to or produce trance music. I just personally can't stand it.)
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK

I am not questioning any Grammy award. I've heard some of that Skrillex tunes and as much as he use that wobble stuff his music indeed seems something completely weird and interesting. Maybe i wasn't clear. I do not hate dubbstep (or how is that written) i can't stand the fact that majority of people can't be more creative (me included) then of producing stupid bass tone with overdrive on it + lfo driving the filter. And then they called whole new genre with it. That and wobble crap in every god damn new plugin release.. Does this seems like creative move to you? But then again you are definitely right...we had supersaw torture decade ago..

I am not watching music history so i don't understand what are you saying - does wobble crap comes from America (if so then i think i can understand it..even tolerate it..) ? Who cares about what America appreciate anyway? I was thinking that we are speaking globally not per country..

kmonkey wrote:I am not watching music history so i don't understand what are you saying - does wobble crap comes from America (if so then i think i can understand it..even tolerate it..) ? Who cares about what America appreciate anyway? I was thinking that we are speaking globally not per country..
Dubstep and the wobble bass sound originally came from the UK, but it really caught on in the US. The reason why it's significant is because it's arguably the first time that EDM has really captured mainstream music in the US in such a big way. The US still holds the largest share of the music market in the world at 30-35%. That means around a third of all money made in the entire music industry is made in the US. That's double the market share of any other country, and while EDM is very popular in most other parts of the world, it never really caught on in the US. The EDM scene in Europe has been trying very hard to break into that enormous untapped market for years, and dubstep finally made it happen, which has opened the doors for other EDM genres as well. The EDM scene is exploding into a huge new market right now. That's a big deal to anyone who produces dance music professionally.
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK

I liked music better when people wore onions on their belts, which was the modern style of the time, and you could get change and a holiday in Benidorm out of a two-groat Happy Meal. And you could shake your fist at the sky and expect it to rain.

I make wobbles, and the wobble demos piss me off.
But, imagine if you will, that every new synth is designed with a 'ScreechVOX' osc and quatized LFOs, and instead of a decent bass wobble, has a Skirllox 1/32 note devil screech rattle at max volume.
Or, like was mentioned, a trance arp in every other preset.
I will take the wobbles over either of those. :shrug:

Course, I dont ever need to hear another 'Moog Bass' either....

(Edit: Skrillex is not the entirety, or even the forefront of dubstep. I hate to be that guy, but you are missing a lot if you stop at Skrillex/Excision/Datsik. There is a lot of non-obnoxious dubstep believe or not.)
ImageImageImageImage

On a serious note, I like most forms of music from uk grime to country, florenceATM to dubstep, not every track in all genres but some. I think it's important as a music maker to try and see what people like in all forms of music it helps me do what I gotta do ;)

I like the craft and polish of a good pop song to the rawness of a garage band.

I think if you waste time letting yourself be bothered by a particular sound or genre then you probably have too much time on your hands ;)

So my advice is to embrace the fact you can't avoid popular music and chill out a bit :)

Return to “Sound Design”