DJ Rig, Pro-quality DJ Mixing App, Now Available on iTunes

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A full-featured, double-deck DJ mixing app for iPhone and iPod touch

The first professional DJ Mixing app for iPhone and iPod touch, DJ Rig, is now available on iTunes App Store.

DJ Rig provides instant song-playing from the device's music library, automatic tempo sync and beat match, sample-based pads and performance recording, plus an arsenal of high-quality DJ effects. Together with the just announced iRig MIX, the mobile DJ mixer for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, DJ Rig represents the most portable solution to DJ anytime and everywhere.

Watch these new DJ Rig video demos:
FEATURES

Double Deck
  • Landscape and portrait interfaces
  • Direct access to iPod library and playlists with instant play
  • Deck controls: Volume, Pitch, 3-Band Kill EQ, Headphones and Crossfader
  • Tempo controls for fine BPM adjustments
  • 3 crossfader curves for customizing fades
  • Drag and zoom of waveform display
  • Auto-level detection and adjustment for the perfect balance between decks
  • Crossfade filter for fading between decks with bass or high filters for smooth and perfect transitions
  • Customizable deck interface (available for in-app purchase)
  • Multiple output configurations for virtually any audio setup
  • Supports all major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
  • Live recorder enables you to record full mixing gigs
Mix & Scratch
  • Tempo Sync
  • Beat Match - for the first time, a DJ iOS app that can align songs' beats
  • Fast BPM detection, beat analysis and beat map saving
  • 4 visual cue points per song (1 built-in plus 3 available as in app purchase)
  • Automatic looping to create loops with beat-accurate tempo divisions
  • Accurate scratching engine modeled on real deck behavior with CloneDeck™ technology for scratching with cut-to-the-beat
  • X-Sync mode detects the BPM from an external audio sources in real-time and automatically syncs the tempo (when used with iRig MIX)
DJ Effects
  • Effects deck with 12 effects: Delay, Flanger, Crush, Filter High Pass, Filter Low Pass, Filter Band Pass, Compressor, Wah, Phaser, Fuzz, Reverb, Stutter (6 built-in plus 6 available for in-app purchase)
  • XY touch interface
  • All effects are BPM-synched
  • Multiple controls
  • Extra filter available
Sampler Machine
  • On-the-fly sampler machine
  • 9 pads matrix with assignable pads on 4 instantaneous sound banks
  • 15 sound banks available (8 built-in plus 7 available for in-app purchase)
  • Live sampling functionality
  • Pitch control
Pricing and availability

DJ Rig includes 6 high-quality DJ effects (Low pass, Band pass, High pass, Delay, Stutter, Phaser), and 8 built-in sound banks plus one adjustable cue point. These can be expanded with 6 more effects (Flanger, Comp, Fuzz, Reverb, Auto Wah, Crash), 7 extra sound banks, 3 more cues points plus digital deck interface, all available together through in-app purchase in the Pro bundle pack.

The app is already available on the iTunes App Store at the special introductory price of only $1.99/€1.59 for a limited time.

The Pro Bundle add-on expansion is available for only $4.99/€3.99 as an in-app purchase.

Image Image
Last edited by ObiWonder on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

hi,

What about iTunes Match compatibility?

DJ Rig will play music directly off of your iOS device. So as long as iTunes Match has the songs on your device it'll work.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

What about the iRig Mix, is it out?
What better religion than music itself?

is this universal (sorry, at work so can't check)
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

JavaJ, this is iPhone only so far. It takes a little while longer to finish the iPad version, so we usually start off by offering the iPhone version first while we finish it up for the iPad.

A bunch of questions:

1. What's in the pro pack?

2. Can this play tracks on external harddrives via wifi?

3. Any date for an Ipad release?

4. Will this work on Ipad 2?
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

jobromedia wrote:A bunch of questions:

1. What's in the pro pack?

2. Can this play tracks on external harddrives via wifi?

3. Any date for an Ipad release?

4. Will this work on Ipad 2?
Answered at bottom of first post:
"6 more effects (Flanger, Comp, Fuzz, Reverb, Auto Wah, Crash), 7 extra sound banks, 3 more cues points plus digital deck interface"

so has anyone purchased this yet and can tell us how it is? I assume the iPad version will be a free update and not a separate HD version that you need to purchase (I think Sampletank is universal now so I would think it would be free).
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

Well obviously I am a bit biased but not really since I'm more a rock guy/old fart but I like it quite a bit. I had the same thing happen with GrooveMaker which I would expect to have been "meh" about but loved it. We'll keep you posted on upcoming versions but I don't have any verified information either way at this time.

Just a few hours left to get 40% off DJ Rig and 50% off Groovemaker.

Special DJ Rig & GrooveMaker for iPhone/iPad Sale

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”