Diva mini-Patchbank Contest

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I presume everyone's busy building their patchbanks?

5 weeks to go - plenty of time... ;)

hakey wrote:So I presume everyone's busy building their patchbanks?

Erm.. not really :D .. but seeing DIVA more and more these days ;) .. her voice mod is so persuasive... :hihi:

I will make my bank after the Musikmesse. Until then my schedule is rather tight. I'm glad that I've got the time til end of march. :phew:

hakey wrote:So I presume everyone's busy building their patchbanks?

Yes, I sit down every other night or so when surrounding oscillations dampen to a dull roar. Lucky to get home from work early enough in the mid-afternoon to have time to naturally fade into a more creative mode of thinking just as the sun dips down behind the hills,...thus leaving me some hours to strike the same key over and over at varying velocities. 0it will be my first attempt at one of these patch competitions. Wishing you all good luck and inspiration! :tu:

Just loving the play between the ADS Envs and the various filter models. Never played with such special ADS envelopes before. They really pop and snap in a special way. I suppose that was always part of the Moog sound? FUN

In case Diva's Poly-2 polyphony mode is not making 100% sense (like it wasn't to me, despite having read the manual) I found this passage in Jupiter 8 manual. I presume Diva's Poly-2 works in a very similar fashion. My own experiments with it have just these exact results. Nice way to save on CPU if you do not necessarily require releases to neatly layer over one another when the next polyphonic chord is played in a sequence. It really depends on the kind of polyphonic sound you are programming.

"Poly-2 is very similar to Poly-1, again assigning only one voice to each key played. The primary advantage of Poly-2 is that only the last note OR notes played together receive their natural release length. Any notes played previously will have instantaneous Releases regardless of the patch programming. The difference between Poly-1 and Poly-2, then, is very SIMILAR to a piano with the damper pedal held down or left up, respectively. Poly-1, is again the best for most patches, but Poly-2 has the distinct advantage of reducing muddiness in musical passages played with patches having long Release lengths."

Bump - haven't had any submissions yet. Still three weeks to go, so plenty of time...

hakey wrote:Bump - haven't had any submissions yet. Still three weeks to go, so plenty of time...
Got distracted by some other stuff, but will hopefully get to it in the next couple of days, thanks for reminding! :)

hakey wrote:Bump - haven't had any submissions yet. Still three weeks to go, so plenty of time...
I've got one in rough shape. Thanks for the bump, I'll probably be last minute submission, but no way to pull everything off at the last minute with this one :-o

I've also got a draft of a bank of several patches but I've been swamped this past week...a hell week. I hope it will not be the same this week ;P

And to make matters more difficult, FabFilter had to go and release a fantastic inspiring multi-band distortion plug. That admittedly took whatever time I had this weekend... This usually does not happen,...but FabFilter...ah, I feel so seduced :dog: :help:

We will compete! This sounds like a lot of fun, but chances are that we will upload them only hours before the deadline... because we love deadlines and living on the edge.. :hihi:

delete-me
Last edited by phazedown on Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slightly over a week to go.

Still haven't received any submissions from anyone.

I've noticed some patches have the default modulation routing switched to "no mod"

For example by default env2 is routed to the filter. If your not using this does setting it to "no mod" conserve CPU?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

hakey wrote:Slightly over a week to go.

Still haven't received any submissions from anyone.
Made some.. and just finished another (basic idea)
Will have them pretty pressed by the deadline.. probably a busy day for you :hihi: .. btw, let me know if you need any help! :)

Aiyn, don't really think that it's noticeable on the CPU if no modulation is going on.. even if something is preassigned...
What you've noticed there is maybe a template convenience.

Return to “u-he”