Best LFO VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone, first post here. I did a search on this but didn't find anything that only covered this. Basically I'm making EDM, a dubstep track, and I'm using Ableton Live 8's Operator. I'm already automating the LFO that Operator has, but I need to run the synth and the rest of my vsts into a separate LFO VST with a high pass filter to get that nice dubstep cutting "wobble" sound. I'm looking for something that's high quality and relatively simple to use. The LFO will be synched for the most part. Basically if I could take NI Massive's LFO running into a high pass filter I'd be set haha. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Thank-you! My search is done!

12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

reusenoise wrote:Xfer lfo tool
+1
My most used tool also for all kind of faked sidechain ducking.

+1 for LFOtool

Which is better, the Midishaper or LFOTool? I'm not sure what their differences are.

Afaik Midi Shaper needs a synth/effect to be controlled per Midi. It has no own effects but can control nearly everything which is controllable per Midi.

LFO Tool has a own filter (LP/BP/HP + Resonance) and controls directly filter, volume and panorama and works by using it as an insert effect in the synth or audio track. It can _also_ send CC midi messages and can so be used the same way like Midi Shaper. IMO easier to use, smaller and easier interface.

4damind wrote:Afaik Midi Shaper needs a synth/effect to be controlled per Midi.
oh, i understood that the OP was looking for a plugin that would send an LFO via MIDI.

if that's not the case, then I must also recommend FilterShaper 2!

http://www.cableguys.de/filter-shaper.html

:D
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

bpblog wrote:
4damind wrote:Afaik Midi Shaper needs a synth/effect to be controlled per Midi.
oh, i understood that the OP was looking for a plugin that would send an LFO via MIDI.

if that's not the case, then I must also recommend FilterShaper 2!

:D
(LFO Tool) It can _also_ send CC midi messages and can so be used the same way like Midi Shaper
:P

[Edit]
Aah, wrong answer... yes.. I don't read "FilterShaper" ;)

So I'm guessing FIltershaper and LFO Tool are similar?

i like the vengeance one myself.

LFO Tool is pretty bad ass. I use it a lot to "side chain" duck my audio. Simple.

Return to “Effects”