Musikmesse 2012: Propellerhead to share "exciting news"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

headquest wrote:
Liero wrote:Ok, this is exciting after all!

My steadily vaning opinion of Propellerheads has taken a big leap, I really think this is a smart move for them.
+1

Absolutely brilliant idea!

So the props get to have their cake and eat it too. They said they would never have VST support in Reason but this is next to being the same thing.

Will be real interesting to see this develop over time and to see which devs respond. Some IK Multimedia plugs in Reason would be nice.

Urs wrote:Image
Congrats, Urs. That looks awesome!

KORG RE devices!!!!!!!

All I want now is an RE with midi out.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Goseba wrote:All I want now is an RE with midi out.
lol, that didn't take long :lol:

So I wonder how this will work from a sales point of view. A custom shop maybe similar to the Amplitube one?

Brilliant! Congrats Urs!

Press TAB, I want to see the OTHER SIDE!! :)

I have to know: is Uhbik RE going to be included with the free Reason 6.5 update, or is it going to be a separate purchase?

lotus2035 wrote:So the props get to have their cake and eat it too. They said they would never have VST support in Reason but this is next to being the same thing.

Will be real interesting to see this develop over time and to see which devs respond. Some IK Multimedia plugs in Reason would be nice.
This is the key thing. They have their own Eco system now.

1. Audio + MIDI host

2. Hardware

3. FX and Instruments developed in house.

and now..

4. 3rd party plugin support / hosting.

The big if though is how many devs will get on the Propellerhead Rack? Not sure how big the Props user base is. If this had happened 3 - 5 years ago one can only imagine how vast 3rd party support for Reasons Rack / plugin format would be. Still though it is a very big deal and yes the Props appear to be making their own way into 3rd party plugins support as a direct rival to VST.

Cakewalk appear to be doing well with thier ProChannel stuff. Props and perhaps others might push thier own formats. Could be more work though for devs with more formats to support but the plugin format landscape appears to be fragmenting further.

Should be a very interesting few years ahead. :wink:

Confirmed Devs:

GForce
KORG
Softube
Sonic Charge
Sugar Bytes
u-he

Awesome!

Finally!
A Volvo gets a u-he-Ferrary engine! :love:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

eXode wrote:Confirmed Devs:

GForce
KORG
Softube
Sonic Charge
Sugar Bytes
u-he

Awesome!
Interesting. A Turnado in Reason would be pretty crazy :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”