What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Plugin display on Ubuntu virtual desktops

Official support for: linuxdsp.co.uk

Moderator: linuxdsp

Ricardus
KVRist

56 posts since 28 Apr, 2011, from NY State, USA

Postby Ricardus; Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:31 pm Plugin display on Ubuntu virtual desktops

So, I was just doing a mastering of a tune for a friend, and noticed that when your plugins were displayed on screen, they weren't appearing on the tiny little virtual desktop display on the lower right hand of the bottom status bar. The plugs I was using at the time were the PEQ and the MBC2.
linuxdsp
KVRist

136 posts since 2 Mar, 2009, from Oxford, England

Postby linuxdsp; Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:30 am

Which version of Ubuntu are you using? Just tried it here with 10.04LTS and they show up as expected. The virtual desktop display is a function of the desktop Window manager, so there shouldn't need to be any specific interaction between the application(s) windows and the OS in order for it to 'just work' - however recent Ubuntu versions haven't been as reliable as previously so there could be a subtle bug which has crept in. It shouldn't affect normal use of the plugin UI though.

It shouldn't make any difference, but are you using any unusual desktop configuration e.g. multiple monitors, or any desktop effects such as Compiz etc?
Ricardus
KVRist

56 posts since 28 Apr, 2011, from NY State, USA

Postby Ricardus; Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:52 am

I am using 10.04 LTS, with no unusual configurations.

Moderator: linuxdsp

Return to linuxDSP