Rack extensions - not a request for Diva etc in Rack Extension format but .....

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Urs,
Great to see you're excited about the Rack Extension format.
As you know Reason has great potential to be a modular environment with the CV/GATE options available.
I have tried the Zebra demo and the MSEG section is really something else and sorely lacking in the Reason Envronment.
Have you considered doing some Rack Extensions that perform the following -
1. A MSEG rack device with multiple tempo sync able MSEG's that just send out CV and gate information
2. A complex LFO device with the option to draw your own user waveforms.
3.A device for scaling and manipulating CV curves in unique and unusual ways
4.A dedicated multipurpose function generator
5.Modular rack components that are separate modules that can be patched in a combinator to create our own modular synth patches from various oscillator devices (custom wavetable oscillator that loads .wav files for example), too the above mentioned tools as opposed to porting over an entire synth.
I would personally like to see devices that augment what is in the Reason Rack now and add extra power to the sound creative uses for Subtractor, Thor, Malstrom, Kong and so on and so forth. I fully understand it's all very early on in the game but wanted to toss a few ideas out there that some of us would gladly purchase from the Re store once things are up and running.
Thanks for your time and many thanks for developing the Uhbik suite for Rack extension format - looking forward to supporting any development you come up with in the future.
Cheers
Oscar
Last edited by FaX on Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Links to other media sites and contact details are available at the bottom of my artists website.

http://venndiagram.ca

Shhhhhhhh... don't unveil all our plans just yet ;-)

Just imagining what unlimited Zebra-style FMOs would be like in the Reason rack...

and comb filters...

Great ideas but we need two things in Reason before that imho.

1. CV that runs at full audio rate.
2. Polyphonic CV

Because if we got a bunch of modular elements from u-he and couldn't run it polyphonically, I'd go mad! ;)

Some amazing ideas here. This is the type of thing that I hope Rack Extensions will be like. Or at least partially.

Is there a possibility of a freeware Tyrell rack extension?

Urs wrote:Shhhhhhhh... don't unveil all our plans just yet ;-)
I was thinking similar thoughts. Is there any chance of just getting Diva's filter models in RE?

ghettosynth wrote:
Urs wrote:Shhhhhhhh... don't unveil all our plans just yet ;-)
I was thinking similar thoughts. Is there any chance of just getting Diva's filter models in RE?
Possibly, yes. I don't know if I can talk about things yet, we simply do not have full control over low level optimisation in RE. Thus we have to wait and see how the cpu footprint will be, and if it'll be possible to leave up optimisation to compilers.

I would love to have Diva in my rack!

Urs, thanks for supporting this format. I will be picking up all off the uhbiks day one.

Return to “u-he”