MXXX testing/preset program

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Vojtech and Forum people,

i wanna build a duck delay for a vox preset, but I don't get it work.

What do I need besides Delay and Compressor (sidechain)? I tried a long time, but it doesn't work.

Thanks and greetings

Marek

You want to turn the delay down when the voice speaks ?
You could use an enveloppe mod to detect the side chain input.
Then connect the enveloppe mod to the volume and other parameters you want to control in the delay...

Vojtech, i noticed when turning on and of a mod by hand the parameter goes back to its default value. Good.
But when a multiparameter is setup to turn a mod on and off, it does not go back to its default value. Is that normal ?

Also the delay module doen't have the global parameters (wet/dey) like the other modules.

It would be nice if the pitch tracker mod could use the sidechain and feedback inputs.

I'm really having a lot of fun with the feedback, it's like going back to my days of DIY effects pedal building and circuit bending. :)

Panozk wrote:Off course I have never seen a good morphing effect like the one here: http://www.prosoniq.com/audio-plugins/prosoniq-morph/
I agree that some kind of morphing effect would make sense in MXXX actually, considering that those kind of effects tend to require certain flexibility of routing which MXXX obviously already has covered.

In Utility- the samples knob take a few re possisionings of the mouse to get it from 0 to 10000. I've had this with other knobs as well. Hmm. I think the slider are indeed the better way to go at this point. I still like the sliders better I think any way, they are part of what I loved about Melda's GUI in the first place. Still loving MXXX :)

Michael1985 wrote: -If i open the modular system and open a device inside the modular system, it is not seen the parameter
What do you mean by that??
Michael1985 wrote: Furthermore I cannot assign a MIDI note to the multiparameter, even it is set on "switch" or "trigger" mode. It is seen in the MIDI preferences as example as "MIDI note C1 is triggering multiparameter 1" but if I press on my keyboard it is not working.
Please check the last multieffect sample. And ensure you are correctly routing MIDI to the plugin in your host.

Michael1985 wrote: -the lfos are not retriggered by midi, it would be cool if there is a possibilitie to let retrigger the lfos through the MIDI notes of an incoming vsti.
But it is there! You just need to enable it and disable sync of course.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Ok, another set of replies (maybe we shall start the [MXXX] prefixed threads ;)

- GUI - yes, please use the sliders, there's just no way to fit the knobs sometimes.
- Multiparameter default restore - no I'm afraid. it's for LFOs only, because with multiparameters you just control other parameters, but LFOs do that on their own, so you cannot control the changes.
- Delay dry/wet - indeed, I'll check it.
- Pitch tracker sidechain/feedback - ok.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Huge request...may be?? :D

Undo/redo just about every thing?? :oops: :oops:

Its one of the things I love about FXpansion's stuff.

Hello everyone, and thanks Vojtech for approving me to beta test MXXX.

I've only just managed to spend some time with MXXX and I'm blown away by the sheer flexibility of it. This is an extremely exciting piece of software. Congrats and thanks Vojtech. Can't wait to start designing some presets.

I've noticed a couple of issues though:

1) When scrolling up and down in the plugin windows that require it, my cpu takes a pretty big hit, e.g 15% to around 35%, then returns when I stop. I'm using Reaper 32bit on WinXP with an Intel Quad core 3.0Ghz processor. This cpu usage is being shown by both Reaper's overall cpu and windows Task Manager, but not by Reaper's plugin window.

2) After moving a multiparameter control there is always a glitch in the audio. This happens on both the macro page and the edit page.

Can anyone confirm these issues at all? Thanks

have the sugestions, Just two comments:
more multiparameter's modes, for example a keybord gui with multi range assignation
or(and) a track-bar with 8 (16) steps.
Secondly, deserves some effects modules separated to gain overall clarity.
I continue to look for ideas presets and to search bug.

Satch1 wrote:2) After moving a multiparameter control there is always a glitch in the audio. This happens on both the macro page and the edit page.

Can anyone confirm these issue at all? Thanks

Can't confirm, sorry. :-/
"If you're married with art you'll get the critics as your mother-in-law." (H. Knef)

Hello again,

I spend hours to get a duck delay, but it doesn't work.
Can someone send an image to show how to configure it. I don't understand how to use the sidechain function.

What i tried:

1. Delay
2. Modular
3. Compressor in Modular 1 with sidechain.

Pleas help me.

Thanks and greetings

Marek :help:

elassi wrote:
Satch1 wrote:2) After moving a multiparameter control there is always a glitch in the audio. This happens on both the macro page and the edit page.

Can anyone confirm these issue at all? Thanks

Can't confirm, sorry. :-/

I've just solved the problem. I set MXXX to save minimal undo states. This is in the compatibility settings menu in the Reaper fx window.

Thanks for testing this out anyway. Have you tested the scrolling issue?

Just open Rhythmizer and move the scroll bar on the right up and down. You should get a cpu increase.

Cheers
Last edited by Satch1 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Svama wrote:Can someone send an image to show how to configure it.
You're probably thinking too complicated. :)

- Enable MXXX on the track that has to be duck-delayed
- In MXXX just insert a delay in path 1 (nothing else)
- Set and activate "Mod1"
- In the Modulator1 panel choose "Follower", turn "Use side-chain" on (small knob under the AR- and levels block).
- Press "+" in the Parameters-section and select (preferably) "Gain"-parameter of Delay-Tap1; set it to a usable value
- Route something to the side-chain input of your original track right into MXXX
- You should see the "Gain"-Param (or what you've choosen) moving
- Refine the settings of Mod1 by adjusting the AR-values and other options

I'd give you screenshots but have no (hassle-free) option to upload them. Maybe someone (Abstracats?) can help here?

elassi wrote:
Svama wrote:Can someone send an image to show how to configure it.
I'd give you screenshots but have no (hassle-free) option to upload them. Maybe someone (Abstracats?) can help here?
Hmm, not really very familiar with doing duck delay, but it would be good to learn, I'll give it a run, it might take a bit of time, I'll post an image or two when I get a chance.

Return to “MeldaProduction”