114 BPM: Tea Cup Turning

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tea Cup Turning
Ogg Vorbis

drums: Wired Ant

squatters
on federal lands
teeter totter
martian made man

tonight he's going out
into the madding crowd
tea cup turns round and round

on the last may of day
honey took a double date
the rent it must be paid
strange turn of fate

winning spinning wheel
show us how to feel
tea cup turns round and round

too much too soon
howling at the moon
princess swoons in june
play another tune

(tea cup turnin/spinnin round and round)
(solo)

kaleidscope of hope
teach us to cope
tea cup turning round and round
upside down
never found
clown mound
disguised frown
watcher of great renown
teasing to the crown
take a taste of tea
before the red queen
she said nothing is everything
do you know what she means?

Great far out!
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

thomekk, it's great to hear from you! thanks.

delightful ... as (pretty much) always mrblitz. :-)

but i have one big question for you: the music on your tracks just about leaps out of the speakers, but the vocal lines (which are usually pretty fabulous) are often close to background in terms of volume and presence. how come?

it's funny; i'd thought the vocals on this one too loud; drums too soft.

overall, it's probably a case of monitoring. through these headphones, when i turn the mix way down in renoise, the vocals usually stand out more than anything. so the vocals typically get turned down a bit at that point.

do you generally find the vocals to be buried in these mixes?

i do notice that the enunciation is often abysmal, sounding as though i'm drunk. the main reason for that is probably due to the fact; that these takes are done 'quietly' so as not to annoy the neighbors.

someday, maybe i'll get a chance to just go into a proper studio, and knock out about 20 of these in a row; without worrying about being too loud.

(edit) i wonder if part of it is that i put a low shelf on the vocals, somewhere between 200-300hz. maybe that's what gives these vocal tracks their sort of 'old radio' sound. idk

Nicely done, it sounds good. :tu:
I agree on the vocals, sometimes the 'old radio' eq-setting makes them lose punch, this one sounds ok on my speakers thou
I enjoyed it

Cheers

Nice work 8)

It would be interesting to hear your vocals with the shackles off.

thanks!

on the vocals, one thing i'll probalby try is 'upward compression'; that sort of thing; getting the vocals to a 'steady level' and seeing if that doesn't bring them out a tad more in the mix.

This is lovely.. really like the lyrics and how this is put together.. Didn't bother me much about the vocal mix, like most tracks with a slightly unusual balance you get used to it very quickly when the music is interesting.. Wasn't actually too distracted by the eqing anyway, but would have liked the voice to be closer to centrestage.

Great stuff, cheers.

On earbuds this sounded just fine to me. The last part is real pretty. Love the melodies and at some point it reminds me of video games I used to play on the MSX 20-some years ago. Nice!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

On earbuds this sounded just fine to me. The last part is real pretty. Love the melodies and at some point it reminds me of video games I used to play on the MSX 20-some years ago. Nice!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

ok, i took out the 'adt' so the vocals don't sound to be 'panned hard left'.

..upped the vocals a tad.. set the low shelf to around 130hz instead of 200hz.

boosted the drums just a bit.

no trouble hearing the vocals here.
Blitzing guitar lead, and I liked the ending part.

wicked tune. the ending is extra pretty in contrast to the madness preceding it.
and what a fine madness it is - i've yet to be disappointed by any of your work.
brilliant.

neil.

Great tune. Something charming about the mastering I thought. Vocals + guitar give it a certain edge!

Return to “Music Cafe”