Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:They (EMG) released the EMG X series in 2011 IIRC which are sussposed to 'feel' more like a passive pickup yet with all the benefits of the active power...Can not really see how that works :?
My understanding is they're exactly the same pickups, just with 25% less power. It seems to me you could just turn down the volume control, no?

I'm still interested in installing the Seymour Duncan Blackout Modular preamp into hibidy's PRS, just because it's such a simple mod. You guys might appreciate this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoSvdirN ... re=related

*sigh*

http://platinum.guitarcenter.com/search ... odId=16041

Seriously considering because it has the edge pro (which is just to die for), it has that super thin neck (which is just to die for), it's my favorite body style (who knew???) and though the blue is not my absolute most favorite color in all the big world, this guitar looks sexy to me. I missed out of Hink's fav (school bus yellow as he calls it) but they do not make these anymore, and I've got the GC card so I can do no-interest for a year and then be DONE with guitars yeah, fat chance! And, it's a 30 day return policy if I find something wrong with it.

I like this better :love:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Us ... 1104474456

The EMG60 sounds great btw, I played quite a bit today :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

EDIT: I know nothing, see post below as it's a high-end prestige.
Last edited by hibidy on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hibidy wrote:Image
Drop a Dimarzio Norton in the bridge and thank me later. ;)

hibidy wrote:I don't know what the f**k that is (superheadscratch)?

It does not come up on the ibby wiki, the only info on a model similar to that is cheaper indo ones (that go for about 400usd new)
Yeah, it's making my head spin, too. When I googled it, this thread came up as the 7th result.

I'm curious about doing a mahogany neck-thru. Does anything like that currently exist?

EDIT! This was quickly responded to to be this guitar:

I was SO completely not at the top of my game.........oh wait, I never am! :oops:
Last edited by hibidy on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

btw, loving these cobalts pretty much

Eric - EMG X-Series, Right I get it now and yeah that would no doubt do the job. I do sometimes use volume pots you know already :oops: :hihi:

I like that shade of blue on the (potential new axe candidate) ibby Chris, Its a good shade of blue if were talking blue to my eyes :)

Swapping black for blue (well i know you sold the black but you know what I mean).

Git her done

Hopefully, it's the dope I'm hoping for.

Next up: paying it off :D

Uncle E wrote:
hibidy wrote:I don't know what the f**k that is (superheadscratch)?

It does not come up on the ibby wiki, the only info on a model similar to that is cheaper indo ones (that go for about 400usd new)
Yeah, it's making my head spin, too. When I googled it, this thread came up as the 7th result.

I'm curious about doing a mahogany neck-thru. Does anything like that currently exist?
Thats a good question and surprisingly not alot AFAIK Eric, Mahogany string-thru body yeah quite alot but not many mahogany neck-thru, From searching all I can find is older Ibanez models, Some Ed Romain bits, Other custom/not mass produced at all guitars and for maybe just like the 100th time, Good old ESP and their Horizon NTII model/NTIII maybe this year?
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/esp-s ... n-nt2.html
They however have the maple top which makes the thru-neck part only visible from the back/rear view. Possibly Dean/DBZ and B.C Rich have one or two where you can clearly see the string-thru design (Don't quote me on that one though). Maybe a few of the ESP LTD H & MH models also but again not 100% on that. The Horizon is the only 'good' looking one I am aware of at the moment. Plenty of bass guitars with the full-on thru-neck construction still available. The Ibanez i have is a Mahagony thru-neck but like that rather nice looking red one its not in production anymore. My search was hardly in-depth though it did bring up this one which is either a typo knowing the place or a model I was not aware of: http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_horizon_nt ... c4ca1341c1

Oh did I ever mention to you guys that some swine stole my ESP Horizon NTII? :lol:

What a good "friend" and/or "bandmate" he turned out to be :roll:

Blackout Modular Preamp indeed is great as its fully bypassable so you really do get best of both worlds. I am thinking about (after some more essential bits I have to spend on are sorted) adding one to the Jackson Dinky DK2 with the Bareknuckle Warpigs dropped in I have been using alot recently as it would leave them in all thier glory untouched but also having the option/sound of a pair of active blackouts at the turn of a little pot - Seems like a win win to me personally

hibidy wrote:Image

Hopefully, it's the dope I'm hoping for.

Next up: paying it off :D
\m/ ^"^ \m/ Sweet dude. Lovely looker, each time I look at it I like it more.
I only got one blue one (a Maverick F1, Got a Black F3 one also as they stopped making them, Prices were DIRT CHEAP for a pair of very decent guitars that used to cost way more. Bluey was £175! Black/BAU was £200 - That was a good day for gas but a sad time to know that Mark Jam had thrown in the towel).
The blue is called 'Lunar Blue' -
and the black one looks like this shade of black:
Its not bad at all as non-black guitars go but not as nice a blue shade as your new Ibby 8)

Edit - HaHa an F1 going for its old RRP here: http://themusicgallery.co.uk/maverick-g ... p-187.html I really did save alot of money :-o :D

Looks pretty f'n cool to me!

@Blue: Yeah, it's growing on me. Photos others have taken of the same model though seem to vary.....so kinda curious about what it will look like when I get it.

But, being from GC, I might get it and be like WTF????? The first time I ordered a guitar started out as :hyper: and ended up as :x Worried, yeah, I am.

Anticipation...........anticipay yay shun, it's making me wait........

I'm really kinda thinking I'll be lucky if it's in the condition it should be. Fingers crossed though.........

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”