Subitems open on hovering?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I wondered if it would be ok to change the way menu subitems are accessed. The current method of clicking the + sign is a bit slow and awkward if you don't mind me saying. I just think it would be smoother and easier to open on hover like the classic start menu. This way the menu doesn't expand and you don't have to scroll or collapse submenus constantly.

Thanks

Nice suggestion, thanks. I've taken note on the wishlist, eventhough i'll prioritize things like multi-core first. (wrt MuLab)

i'll prioritize things like multi-core first.

Alright !!!!!! :D :) :P

Thanks Jo :-)

On the subject of priorities... if MUX is coming out as a VST, will there be 64bit version? I have a feeling it'll take a hammering in the market if not. I'd be inclined to hold it back until you can support a 64bit version, if anything.

pljones wrote:On the subject of priorities... if MUX is coming out as a VST, will there be 64bit version? I have a feeling it'll take a hammering in the market if not. I'd be inclined to hold it back until you can support a 64bit version, if anything.
Just wondering, why is 64 bits so much important for people?

I have win 7 x64 and can run 32 bit apps without problem...

I don't really know.

I guess many people are moving to 64bit applications because that's what they're getting told is good -- and some don't play nicely with 32bit plugins. I don't have experience of this (along with MULAB, I use Reaper x64, which plays nicely with 32bit plugins) but it seems to be an increasingly common problem. Bit bridges don't always work. (The VST protocol is designed so that plugins run in the same memory space as the host; so a 32bit plugin expects a 32bit host; a bit bridge user interprocess communication to "wrap" the 32bit plugin in a 64bit plugin that the host talks to, whilst providing a 32bit host to the plugin. Plenty to go wrong...)

The only time 64bit is really useful, IMO, is if you've a big sample library (like my drum kits) - I've one that's bigger than my RAM... and I like to have several loaded. Disk streaming works, though. So I don't see a problem myself.

Thanks for the explanation Pl! very clarifying!!
pljones wrote: -- and some don't play nicely with 32bit plugins
That looks like an objective reason to for 64 bits.

But i dissagree that the release should wait 'till x64 version is ready, i think that MUX should be released even in 32 bit format and windows only at the beggining.

A thing like the MUX in the VST world... i really think that can have a very big impact and long range... More versions and more platform support can easily come in a future as the prodduct grows in interest and userbase

Would there likely be a Mux VST or seperate app for ipad or even android?
Are VSTs even compatible with these platforms?
Are there any VST hosts available for ipad/android?
Would Mu-lab ever be made available for ipad/android?

I've been wanting to get a new laptop for music but thought maybe an ipad would be better. So many good music apps and addons are becoming available its fast becoming a viable alternative. Imagine using Mu-lab with a touch screen! Fantastic!

I guess it depends on (a) marketing strategy and (b) how long a 64bit version would take to brew up. From reading the main forums here, I get a strong impression that people think "all major players" are capable of developing in 64bits and are now supporting 32bit almost as "legacy" for users' benefit. Having a developer say outright they were not able to deliver 64bit support would cross them off some people's lists of potential suppliers. We've seen it already here with the multi-core - users impressed with the application but simply not willing to even try it out without multi-core support (another feature I've not missed!).

Return to “MUTOOLS”