March Contest: Results

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well done Kryptonaut, great track!
Well done to everyone else too

Thanks for the votes and reviews

Jon

respect
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Well done Kryptonaut! Hard month to split the top ten but you clearly nailed it for so many people, a well deserved win.

Great showing from everyone, too. Wish I'd managed to stay more awake! :hihi:

I feel really honoured to have won this month - huge thanks to all who voted, and congratulations to all entrants! The set of 31 tracks makes a very nice collection on my MP3 player :)

Many thanks also to those who provided reviews, which are so valuable and informative. I will be posting mine later today, sorry it's taken a while to get my thoughts into a presentable format.

And finally, many thanks too to DHMiltz for the work put in to organising the whole thing!

congratulations!!!

I didn't have enough time to vote... sorry for that.
But I know, you all don't mind! ;)

cheers, Bjulin
https://audile.shop - the quality controlled sound shop
http://bjulin.de

Thanks everybody for the interesting music, my winner would have been forw, but I couldn't compile the top ten to vote, and I actually did some work, but I was late, I paste here what I wrote:

This was meant to say, I tried to make sense using some categories, I hope it's interesting albeit they are short comments. Votes have little meaning

--- for category: electronica flow, dark ambient, drones,
what sounds more descriptive of the hypnosis experience and process rather than being usually hypnotic itself

Hypnotherapy, hypnoprogressive, 7/10

Dreaming on the Couch , more mistery than hypno here, great atmo, 7/10

Conversation with Dali , elaborated in contemporary fashion, 9/10

Special Lullaby, happy groove well done the voices, maybe too bright to be hypnotic, 8/10

hypnotiQue, vortex is good, 7/10

elchemisti, the hip hop beat drags it a bit too much but it's a nice suite of sounds, 7/10

Mesmerized, it would be great without the drum beat IMHO, or with a softer one instead, 7/10

Disconnect Is Not a Noun, wall clock is bouncing, hypnotic, 9/10

###

--- for category: soundtrack with melody, with Pop Rock "retro" feeling,
(also a descriptive style, like the category above)

Hours and Hours, dreamy as said, nice but I don't find this melody much related to hipnosis, 6/10

While I Was Sleeping, a little creepy the oldstyle, cool, vintage vibrations, 9/10

Seduction of Hypnotica , ok we have more vintage vibrations, well played, but the chords ar not my cup of tea, 7/9
nice usage of synths in contrast to the guitar.

Winter of the senses, nice and weird and retro, 9/10

Sands of Time, I recognize the good idea, nice drums, but that "spanish rock" refran is not my cup of tea, 6/10

The Waiting Room, very good for a movie, 7/10

Road To Nowhere, retro soundtrackish theme for late seventies films, a little too sloppy for me, 6/10

light-path, anime manga theme, classical, good arrangment but not very hypnotic 7/10

Hypno, similar to the Ping rules below but more hypnotic and sleep inducing, 7/10

###

--- for category: Ping rules:

Credulity, scientific treatment but pings here are too aggressive or too fast for my ear, 6/10

Prayer Wheel 12, good but the drums is far from hypnotic, 6/10

Ante Oculos Circum Inspice, nice sounds but harmony and melodies are uninspiring for me, 6/10

###

--- for category: circular riffage, where hypnosis should work

Altered State, rotating beat is effective, like in african Kora music, 9/10

mim, nice flow to trance mood, sounds could have been boosted a little, 8/10

Hip? No Sis! , yes! No drums that works, yaaawwwn, beautiful, 9/10

Brainwave , a bit too "typical", good but a little cliche', 6/10

###

--- for category: Psychedelic songs

WatchTheWatch, hypnoblues or creepy lullaby. it works for me, 9/10
kudos to the folk hypnotist

murmer , ah the psycheEra, vintage vibes, enjoyable song, 9/10,
one of the best pop mantra

Paint The Water Clear, psycheEra again, Donovan?, you're good at these songs, beautiful melody,
the mix could be better, 7/10

Look Into My Eyes , sounds like cheap disco, not bad per se, some hypno punk disco for fun, 6/10

no lighttt , something catchy for me in this number, hard to say what, maybe the jazzy mood, 9/10

deeper, hypnopop with effective riff, 9/10

###

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback liqih - greatly appreciated.
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

liqih wrote:Winter of the senses, nice and weird and retro, 9/10
Thanks for the notes, Liqih, that's much appreciated...
I really enjoyed the spirit behind hypnopipes, nicely done.

Cheers

Congratualtions to the winners. Right best start thinking about April's contest now!
Music for films that will never be made
sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com

Can't argue with the results. Well deserved wins by all in the top 10.

One thing I can say is that my march entry will probably be the last for me composed and performed entirely on one instrument in an iPhone app, which happened to be Alchemy Mobile.

The tiny little keyboard on the iPhone is just not enough size to properly 'play', and the beats that are included do lean to non-hypnosis, as many pointed out.

With that said, if there is ever an 'ambient' month, this freeware app from Camel Audio is well up to the task.

I also think it's worth noting that nobody pointed out the song as 'Well, obviously that was played on an iPhone' - so I would give props to Camel Audio for that.

-Scott

Slightly late congrats to the winners, especially kryptonaut for a well deserved first place.

Thanks also for the reviews, and votes. Based on these comments I'll probably re-visit my entry and develop it more.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Congrats Kryptonaut and everyone else
Great month / fantastic hypnotracks

I'm really amazed that so many people take a lot of effort in the reviews..that's so great! ..very helpful and interesting!
thanks again to anybody!

forw

Thanks, liqih.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”