VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,
I've finished converting Fr4ncesco's Virus Mod V2 for Z3TA+ v2.1, and
Fr4ncesco has given me permission to share it here

Fr4ncesco's Virus MOD for Z3TA+2 v2.1b

Some notes about the conversion:

Bank - First the original Virus Mod V2 bank was imported using Import(.fxb)... Original Order, and each preset was checked and named corrected (due to the bank import name bug, only up to 23 characters are imported) using screenshots of the original VirMOD banks as shown in Z3TA+ 1.53

Waveforms - the VirusMOD oscill.set was loaded in Z3TA+2 and each wav in the set was exported out using the "Save Wavetable As" function, including the USER1-6 waveforms used in the virus MOD. For each preset the appropriate waveform was then loaded for each OSC. In the process I discovered a bug with the Waveshaper in that with some of the shapers it acts more aggressively on USER waveforms than it does on the oscill.set waveforms. For more info, see this thread - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3&start=30

So presets in which the misbehaving shapers are used/abused are slightly different due to this bug. Hopefully if and when they fix it this will be automatically corrected in this bankset.

Arps - All 100 arps were exported and corrected for the arp drag bug in 2.1 (it transposes them an octave up). These were then inserted in each preset as called for and comparison checked for accuracy by having the virus ARPs loaded by default in Z3TA+2.

Installation notes are in the zip file

Enjoy! :)
Last edited by 1-2-Many on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Just to let you know that I'm using avast! free antivirus and when I clicked the link I got a big red warning sign. Possibly it's because the word 'virus' was in there & I downloaded zip file with no problems and thankyou for doing this.
www.drippycat.com - switchaball for iPhone, switchballHD for iPad

Norton didn't make a peep...
@BT : :hail: :hail: :hug: :wheee:

Wow that must have been a huge amount of work! Thanks so much for your efforts! Please PM me regarding the bugs. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

osiris wrote:@BT
Who is BT ? :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

thanks a lot for sharing!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing! BT's bank, now this, you're on a roll.

<3 z3ta+

Teksonik wrote:
osiris wrote:@BT
Who is BT ? :?
I think he may be mistaking me for BigTone since I shared Brok's corrected ATT bank for Z3TA+2 in this thread - http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=345779.

FWIW - I remembered it mentioned that with the 2.1 update the installation behavior was modified to behave like version 1.53, where the plugin first scans the location of its DLL for resources.

I checked this out and it's true - So it's possible to do a Virus MOD installation just like the old way and bypass the Wavetable bug - Here's how:

1) Create a new folder in your VST Directory - i.e. Z3TA+2 VirMOD

2) Copy all the folders from your current Z3TA+2 installation into this new Folder: (Copy not Move!)

.... Arpeggios
.... Documentation
.... MIDI Arpeggios
.... MIDI Learn
.... Programs
.... Resources
.... Tunings
.... Wavetables

3) Copy the 2.1 DLL to that new folder (Z3TA+2 VirMOD) and rename it (eg Z3TA+2 VirMOD)

4) Within the new Wavetables folder replace the oscill.set with the oscill.set for the virus MOD (it is 420KB as opposed to the 380KB original) Delete all the user.wavs too(there should be user1.wav-user4.wav). You may also wish to delete all the other .wav files, but leave the .pcm files alone. User waves 1-6 are referenced within the Virus MOD oscill.set file

5) Replace the files in the new Arpeggios folder with the VirusMOD arpeggios, arp001.cmp - arp100.cmp

6) Delete all the folders within the "programs" directory

7) Within Z3TA+2 Import and convert the VirusMOD fxb, although be aware that it will cut off the names of presets over 23 characters

Done :)

P.S. Download the VirusMOD V2 from patch arena to get the necessary files - http://patcharena.com/downloads/comment.php?dlid=2

P.S.S For obvious reasons the skins in the Old Virmod V2 zip package will not work - I don't know of any alternate skins for Z3TA+2 yet

P.S.S.S Some host will refuse to load a second plugin with the same ID as a plugin it already knows about. So renaming the DLL might not work in that case. If you should experience this, you can assign a new ID in your renamed DLL using a HEX editor, but that might be going too far for some people
Last edited by 1-2-Many on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cubase might run into this problem. Maybe Cakewalk can create an option for mods like this, like... "dedicated modding" folder and you switch on load or something?

Then again, it's Cakewalk. :shrug:

Hm... do I get this right that both the MUZAK and the VIRUS MOD are now ported? If so, finally time to upgrade?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Cubase might run into this problem. Maybe Cakewalk can create an option for mods like this, like... "dedicated modding" folder and you switch on load or something?

Then again, it's Cakewalk. :shrug:

Hm... do I get this right that both the MUZAK and the VIRUS MOD are now ported? If so, finally time to upgrade?
Funnily enough Cubase 5.5 didn't have an issue with it, but it has in the past with copies of other plugins - go figure?

I think you mean the MuZ3uM mod :lol:
But Yes, they are both ported, along with BigTone's Ambient Trance Textures

Sorry mate. Simple word association. I ssaw the Big Tone and your name has Many in it, BigTone Manytone. Whatever, I can't give you enough thanks for finally porting this over to v2.

Thanks! :)

osiris wrote:Sorry mate. Simple word association. I ssaw the Big Tone and your name has Many in it, BigTone Manytone. Whatever, I can't give you enough thanks for finally porting this over to v2.
No Problem - Enjoy!

Chad@PA wrote:Thanks so much for sharing! BT's bank, now this, you're on a roll.

<3 z3ta+
Thanks Chad - BT's bank was a breeze by comparison

Return to “Instruments”