Waves 64bit bargains

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

Waves are doing a deal right now where you can buy some singles for $64. I think now might be the time to pick a couple up. What would people recommend I look at first?
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Hmmm...what do you feel you need?

I'd say:
RennBass
Doubler
Trans-X
Ren-Axx
Enigma

Are some of the standouts for me.

Renbass has gone up it was $49 last month + dealer discount.

Lo Air creeps to more and more expensive all the time, started at $19, then $39 now $64, like it's a "deal"

I paid $75 for musicians with ren axx and doubler included as well as supertap and metaflanger, i certainly wouldn't pay $64 for a single one of those...

Enigma.. meh.. terrible phaser hybrid thing.. never liked it.

That said, i think center is a bargain now at $64 and maxxbass and they are the two i would personally pick up (and am going to :grin: )

ttoz wrote:Renbass has gone up it was $49 last month + dealer discount.

Lo Air creeps to more and more expensive all the time, started at $19, then $39 now $64, like it's a "deal"

I paid $75 for musicians with ren axx and doubler included as well as supertap and metaflanger, i certainly wouldn't pay $64 for a single one of those...

Enigma.. meh.. terrible phaser hybrid thing.. never liked it.

That said, i think center is a bargain now at $64 and maxxbass and they are the two i would personally pick up (and am going to :grin: )
I agree some of the deals are sort of "deals". Maxxbass is very interesting, thanks for the heads up, I completely overlooked it. I usually shy away from enhancement type effects but I guess it depends on what its doing.

But what if someone's sony stereo has maxxbass in the bass boost and your tune is already maxxbassed, does it create problems?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

not really.. i mean then they could press the maxxbass button off lol.

Point being tons of tunes have been mixed with maxxbass and plenty more will be, no tune will ever sound the same on different speakers.

Anyone consumer who has a clue always knows to set their treble nad bass flat and no enhancements, as that's the whole point of the work we have done already in the studio

Yeah, I don't get it.

"hey guys, albendova here, get rennbass.......it's only 64 bucks!"

Nice try pal, but I just paid less than 50 bucks for it. I got mine at sweetwater, they want 64 bucks for it. It's not a bad price, but I just paid less than 50!!!!!!! :shrug:

Is this sale some kind of April 1st thing? "If we raise some prices and still call it a sale, maybe no one will notice."

yes it's funny cause lo air is the most expensive it has ever been. It started at 60 bux a year or two ago, then 19, then 39 then 49 now 64.

it's a shame as i wanted that one, but i'll wait till xmas i think.

These sales are nothing new, they do a different type of promo every month.
Actually bundles are the way to go if you can use them. The entire Renn collection was added to my Gold bundle for free a few years ago. This was before WUP though. I figured out that all the Gold plugs cost me around $18.00 each.

"Are you passionate about working with Waves plugins? Are you an influencer in your community? Are you someone who lives for each moment you spend recording and mixing music? Then you might have what it takes to be a Waves Street Rep."

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=12013

I am not one, by the way. Nor am I implying that the OP is, but be aware and beware!

antithesist wrote:"Are you passionate about working with Waves plugins? Are you an influencer in your community? Are you someone who lives for each moment you spend recording and mixing music? Then you might have what it takes to be a Waves Street Rep."

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=12013

I am not one, by the way. Nor am I implying that the OP is, but be aware and beware!
That's pretty cool. Whats the concern though? We all have access to demos so we can try them ourselves. Waves products are for the most part pretty good, pricey though, I don't think they are the best in every area but I don't think anything I've tried of theirs is a dud. As long as reps are not overly aggressive and don't lie.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

It's all good if it is a "street rep". I mean, there are deals in there (still considering maxxbass)

It was 112.50 when I demoed it and renbass was 50 ...... so I went the more "instant grat" method. But at 64 bucks it hardly breaks the bank and gives another option. Not saying I AM going to get it, just sayin'.

I just don't know why some of the other plugs have gone up.

I just see the possibility of forums being overrun by WSR's.

heffus wrote:Is this sale some kind of April 1st thing? "If we raise some prices and still call it a sale, maybe no one will notice."
Each month (and lately each mid-month) Waves selects a few products to put on a good sale. They also quite often raise a few prices from previous lows to slightly higher prices. I think the trick is to look out for what you want and jump on it when it gets below 50% off. That seems to be a good point to buy.

Starting 1 Apr, compared to previous months, the best bargains right now are Horizon native (not an upgrade, but the whole bundle) is lower than it has ever been. Others that seem to be lower than normal are Restoration, IR360, Dorrough Surround, Center, C4, W43, and UM225/UM 226. There are several other prices that are good, but have been lower before.

The upgrade prices still seem to be pretty good too, except for Horizon (as mentioned before). These are all Native prices. For some reason all TDM products have been set to MSRP (ie: no sale at all).

antithesist wrote:I just see the possibility of forums being overrun by WSR's.
True. But I think here the mods will keep that stuff to a minimum. I hope for their sake they do not post at sevenstring.org :lol:

Return to “Effects”