anyone use Pump Audio? Rumblefish? Any suggestions? What do you think

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking into Pump Audio, but it seems they might be slightly misleading.

I'm wondering if anyone here has used them.

Are there other similar services that you can recommend?

thanks

dw

I was with Pump Audio for a year on a 50/50 split. They didn't manage to license any of my tracks. After a year they changed the deal to a 70/30 split in their favour, so I cancelled my contract with them.

I use Bandcamp now.

Stay away from them, for tcc's reasoning.

does bandcamp help to license tracks?

dw

dusted william wrote:does bandcamp help to license tracks?
No ... they host high quality versions of your tracks (WAV, FLAC and 320k MP3), and sell them for you for a small fee (15% iirc). You can distribute your stuff for free from their site too.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
dusted william wrote:does bandcamp help to license tracks?
No ... they host high quality versions of your tracks (WAV, FLAC and 320k MP3), and sell them for you for a small fee (15% iirc). You can distribute your stuff for free from their site too.
that's what I thought. I like the idea of bandcamp. I'm also interested in licensing my tracks out there as well.

Do you know any licensing companies you can recomend?

Thanks,

dw

I agree that Getty/Pump Audio is one outfit to stay far away from. Their 70/30 revenue split is one more big corporate money grab at the expense of songwriters and composers as far as I'm concerned. The industry standard split is 50/50, which we could still argue is excessive...but that's the longtime standard.

I've had decent luck with Audiosocket Music. They've placed my tracks in a McDonald's TV commercial, a few video games, a bunch of web videos and some corporate videos. You might try Jingle Punks in NYC, also. Rumblefish might be ok. I've heard their name for years, but I've never dealt with them.

Cheers!
Druu
LoFREEQ Recordings

CDBaby announced their tie-up with rumblefish for licensing. CDBaby could help to get online sales, distribution and probably with a placement thru rumblefish. I am not sure about it would work though.

I can't tell the royalty splits between Rumblefish and the artist.

granted, I haven't had much time to check it out.

anyone use them and have any results they'd like to shard?

dw

dusted william wrote:I can't tell the royalty splits between Rumblefish and the artist.

granted, I haven't had much time to check it out.

anyone use them and have any results they'd like to shard?

dw
I have just submitted to rumblefish thru cdbaby. Yet to know how it works.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”