What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Anyone interested in an Icelandic themed sound bank?

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

biomechanoid
KVRian

1178 posts since 29 May, 2002, from Scotland

Postby biomechanoid; Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:17 pm Anyone interested in an Icelandic themed sound bank?

We recently discovered this exciting Kickstarter project, featuring Alchemy user Deru (www.deru.la)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sce ... -i-iceland

Coincidentally, I'm going to be in Iceland at the same time, so I contacted Deru, and to cut a long story short, it looks like there is a good possibility Camel will be sponsoring this project, and Deru and I will be collaborating to create an Icelandic inspired sound library for Alchemy / Alchemy Player. We're still discussing details, but time is of the essence, and I'm hoping some Alchemy users might be interested in helping to make this happen.

Please consider pledging to the campaign, and spread the word any way you can. The deadline is only a few days away (Sunday) so any help in reaching their target will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Col
[ Camel Audio Alchemy ] [ ucn netlabel ]
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
Doug B
KVRist

480 posts since 11 Sep, 2008, from Canada

Postby Doug B; Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Col, perhaps you could tell us what's so exciting and different about this 'project'? The music in the video is nice, but hardly that different or unique. Are there some special Icelandic instruments being used? Something else we should know?

IOW, what is all the excitement about?

Cheers

Doug
Borealis
KVRist

162 posts since 31 Aug, 2010, from Cambridge, Mass.

Postby Borealis; Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:41 am

I think it would be great to get some Icelandic field recordings, which you could then work your magic on. I would definitely buy that. Good luck with the project, hope it works out regardless what you record.
Ben H
KVRAF

1563 posts since 28 Jul, 2003

Postby Ben H; Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:02 am

Well I'm always a sucker for more Alchemy banks.

And I have to say that another Alchemy bank would interest me far more than a bunch of photos and a DVD. No offense meant to the people that enjoy that sort of thing.

Maybe if you did another pay-what-you-want thingy similar to the Planet Earth pack? Or at least take pre-orders up front to help?

Oh, and am I right that it would be a bank of sounds inspired by iceland, rather than icelandic instruments per se?
aMUSEd
KVRAF

19898 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:09 am

I would love to travel to Iceland, it sounds like the landscape would be very inspiring so if that inspires a sound bank it might be interesting.
biomechanoid
KVRian

Postby biomechanoid; Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:14 am

Doug B wrote:Col, perhaps you could tell us what's so exciting and different about this 'project'? The music in the video is nice, but hardly that different or unique. Are there some special Icelandic instruments being used? Something else we should know?

IOW, what is all the excitement about?

Hi Doug,

All the info I have about the Outliers project is on their Kickstarter page, including a list of the artists involved and details of what they are planning to create.

As far as the proposed Alchemy bank is concerned, its very much at the early planning stages, so its difficult to be specific re what it'll include. The basic idea is that we'll be making field recordings while we are there, and create alchemy sounds that are inspired by Iceland and our experiences while there. There is a good possibility it will include samples of Icelandic musicians, and I have some vague idea's for recording some unusual instruments, but at this stage, its not possible to be specific.

Cheers,

Col
Ben H
KVRAF

Postby Ben H; Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:17 am

How about using some of the photographs as soundsources too? :D
Doug B
KVRist

480 posts since 11 Sep, 2008, from Canada

Postby Doug B; Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:39 am

In other words, hurry up and wait! :lol:
Ben H
KVRAF

Postby Ben H; Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:59 am

38 hrs left!
Ben H
KVRAF

Postby Ben H; Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:05 pm

For those of you who are not following Camel Audio on Facebook, it seems like this project has now gotten the go-ahead. :)

Update #14: Introducing "Deru vs biolabs: Iceland". A unique collaboration with Camel Audio/Alchemy
Ben H
KVRAF

Postby Ben H; Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:58 am

Hi,

I just remembered about this bank being developed and I was wondering how it is progressing?

Regards,

Ben H
My main tools: Alchemy, Iris, Kontakt, Omnisphere, Padshop Pro, and SWAM.
biomechanoid
KVRian

Postby biomechanoid; Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:09 am

ben_horwood wrote:Hi,

I just remembered about this bank being developed and I was wondering how it is progressing?

hi ben,

slowly, but it is progressing. we're working on numerous things simultaneously, so all i can say is that it'll be ready when it's ready.

cheers,

col
Ben H
KVRAF

Postby Ben H; Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:54 pm

biomechanoid wrote:hi ben,

slowly, but it is progressing. we're working on numerous things simultaneously, so all i can say is that it'll be ready when it's ready.

cheers,

col

Oh that's right. I forgot you are also doing Biolabs: Light Space as well.
Anyway, glad to hear that you are still working on it. :)

Cheers,

Ben H
My main tools: Alchemy, Iris, Kontakt, Omnisphere, Padshop Pro, and SWAM.
biomechanoid
KVRian

Postby biomechanoid; Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:06 pm

ben_horwood wrote:
Oh that's right. I forgot you are also doing Biolabs: Light Space as well.

amongst other things, yes

:wink:

Moderator: Camel Audio Mods

Return to Camel Audio