Berlin Modular (ancient thread)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just an FYI, there seems to be some of that spiking stuff in Baz x64 as well. I was just doing a blank with a single osc set to square with waves set to just about to reso. Then, adjusted ADSR1 a bit. If I play fast legato it will eventually do the spike/silence thing.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

"Free to use till December 31st 2012".....
:shock:

I...I love you man.... There. I said it.....Image
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

Actually, it should be "Free to use until December 21st 2012" ... the date when all the VSTi's on the planet will align to form a perfect sine wave. :-o

Thanks so much for the preset browser!

Hi!

Just registered Diva (great sound!) and found bazille... Great sounding synth too!
I had lot of modulars in the past (MOTM, Doepfer, Synton, Serge, Moog,...) but I changed my life and now music is more a hobby than a work, but URS synths will help me with my old "addiction" :)

Well, I really miss a function that I consider a must have in a modular synth like this one: the ability to generate sound without a keyboard. I mean, I just heard the synth when a gate is received.:cry:
I see the VCAs are tied to ADSRs or gate, and the CV input seem to be "multiplied" there... Maybe could be possible a "free run" option for the VCAs or another option like an initial VCA amount?

Thanks for your great work! :wink:

Hi klinik,

Yeah, a latch mode or some such thing will certainly happen.

The main problem is polyphony. You can't just strip the VCA envelopes out of the equation because then all voices would always sound at once. So we will need to do something akin a dedicated, monophonic latch mode that opens the gates by anything, not just enevlopes.

This is btw. how we got to Zebrify. Zebrify is Zebra acting like a monophonic old school modular synth. The voice concept has been dropped, and it's up to you to set up VCAs or anything for any purpose you can squeeze into that Grid structure.

Cheers,

;) Urs

Great! thanks URS! :love:

Here's a goofy all Bazille and Uhbik percussion song -

http://soundcloud.com/rydn/bazille-and-uhbik-percussion

Some parts are a little too repetitive, but I was mostly working on it as a sound experiment.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k2hkth

4 sound fx patches of mine, a start on filling up the MIDI Progs folder, so I can replace EFM SynthiA with Bazille in my live rack

Ive finally wrapped my head around Bazille's nuances, finally Im sitting in front of it and not feeling stupid :P I guess Ive been spoiled by using manuals, without one, it seems, my brain does backflips gibbering lol :)

i had a play with it an really enjoyed it. my eurorack is all the analog i got left...this might tempt me to let it all go.
i get the same fun factor with this.
what i'd like is option for exponential or linear FM (alias free if possible), delayless feedback filter , hard sync for oscillators....and i'm sold.
it is well organized and the gui is minimal and clear. it's a joy to use....looking forward to any news on this.

And yet, the box is empty for the effects _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.7.2 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

olikana wrote:what i'd like is option for exponential or linear FM (alias free if possible), delayless feedback filter , hard sync for oscillators....and i'm sold..
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the 'Tune' mod input is for exponential FM and the 'FM' mod input is for phase modulation (which sounds similar to linear FM). I have always wondered if there if there is a way to emulate thru-zero FM like on the Hertz Donut, Zeroscillator or Teezer.

You can get sounds that are very similar to hard sync with the fractal resonance... but I agree, patchable sync inputs for the oscillators would be nice. Either that or something like the reversing sync, like on triangle core oscillators.

I've been thinking about linear FM modes. Dunno yet how viable it is, and how much more cpu it'll cost to implement yet another switch.

Also, I'm not sure if I can cope with negative phase proceed for thru-zero-fm. We'll see...

I think you would get some extra attention from the hardware modular community with thru zero fm. It is a hot topic on Muffs. Not all the time, but it's definitely an area with a lot of interest.

I have a pair of Hertz Donuts and the thru-zero fm between the Mod Osc and the Primary Osc is definitely one of my favorite sounds in my modular, particularly when using the different tracking modes or hard sync. It doesn't sound quite as clean as the Zeroscillator but I'm rarely looking for clean sounds.

Urs, if you'd like I can loan you one of my HDs to analyze the sound. Even if it's not practical for the oscillator to actually reverse phase in software, you might be able to come up with a clever way to mimic the response of thru-zero fm.

justin3am wrote:I have a pair of Hertz Donuts and the thru-zero fm between the Mod Osc and the Primary Osc is definitely one of my favorite sounds in my modular, particularly when using the different tracking modes or hard sync. It doesn't sound quite as clean as the Zeroscillator but I'm rarely looking for clean sounds.

Urs, if you'd like I can loan you one of my HDs to analyze the sound. Even if it's not practical for the oscillator to actually reverse phase in software, you might be able to come up with a clever way to mimic the response of thru-zero fm.
IIRC Cypher does thru-zero FM

Return to “u-he”