Tape Delay plug besides UAD?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another nice tape delay is from Plug & Mix (formerly "Don'tCrack".. horrible name! ;) ), the P&M Echoflex..
http://store.dontcrack.com/product_info ... cts_id=887
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
valhallasound wrote:ValhallaÜberMod might be overkill for a simple tape delay, but to be honest, ValhallaÜberMod is all about overkill.

http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallaubermod

The wife was listening to some live Portishead the other day, and there was a tape echo oscillation at the end of a song. It sounded pretty much identical to some of the tape emulation presets in ÜberMod.

Sean Costello
+1 :tu:

Not the best examples but who cares :hihi:

Übermod warped ping pong delay
Übermod warm delay

ÜberMod can sound a lot tapier than that though. There are plenty of options available like the modulation, noise, drive, EQ....

And you can do a lot of other stuff with ÜberMod like morphing a delay into a reverb for example:

Übermod delay to reverb

Or reverse reverbs:

Übermod reverse reverb

And of course a lot of other basic stuff like ensembles, choruses, the sound of Cthulhu killing little kittens while reading the latest issue of CM etc.

Cheers
Dennis
Wow, Dennis - your examples are awesome. I have UberMod but I haven't gotten around to really playing with it yet - perhaps it's time to put some free time aside for it. :D

Don't forget Augustusloop. It's kind of branded as a tape based audio looper (and it is an excellent on at that), but it's also an excellent basic tape style delay.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

bpblog wrote:+1 for the NastyDLA.
that's an awesome delay but it lacks an adjustable pan spread. Bootsie, please add this feature. :pray:

This one is pretty simple and fun to use (imo) :
http://www.loomer.co.uk/resound.htm

TristezaOrange wrote:
Bronto Scorpio wrote:
valhallasound wrote:ValhallaÜberMod might be overkill for a simple tape delay, but to be honest, ValhallaÜberMod is all about overkill.

http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallaubermod

The wife was listening to some live Portishead the other day, and there was a tape echo oscillation at the end of a song. It sounded pretty much identical to some of the tape emulation presets in ÜberMod.

Sean Costello
+1 :tu:

Not the best examples but who cares :hihi:

Übermod warped ping pong delay
Übermod warm delay

ÜberMod can sound a lot tapier than that though. There are plenty of options available like the modulation, noise, drive, EQ....

And you can do a lot of other stuff with ÜberMod like morphing a delay into a reverb for example:

Übermod delay to reverb

Or reverse reverbs:

Übermod reverse reverb

And of course a lot of other basic stuff like ensembles, choruses, the sound of Cthulhu killing little kittens while reading the latest issue of CM etc.

Cheers
Dennis
Wow, Dennis - your examples are awesome. I have UberMod but I haven't gotten around to really playing with it yet - perhaps it's time to put some free time aside for it. :D
Thanks! Übermod is fun and pretty addictive :)

Cheers
Dennis

Waves H-Delay

Also GuitarRig if you happen to have it.

bpblog wrote:+1 for the NastyDLA.
+2 AGREED! Bootsy's NastyDLA is stellar and FREE.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

WatKat is pretty cool. It a copy cat echo unit emulation.

Resonator63 wrote:Fabfilter Timeless and PSP 608 Multidelay are both very good.
Bingo. I'd also add U-he's MFM2 and RP Delay. 8)

+1 for Nasty DLA!

Nobody mentioned Sound Toys Echoboy yet?
This is a classic one !

Plus if you use reaper or ableton live you can do feedback routing between your channels and make your own tape delay with any saturation plugin EQ and simple delay plugin

cheers

milosh_ wrote:Nobody mentioned Sound Toys Echoboy yet?
This is a classic one !
Echoboy might be the best delay of all.

Too bad iLok sucks the nut, so a lot of us won't be arsed with it. :hihi:

geroyannis wrote:Also GuitarRig if you happen to have it.
+1
it's what I use for tape Delay, if I need one.

Return to “Effects”