New compressor from 112db - Big Blue Compressor!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually I was thinking about 112db several days ago, will they be able overcome and I'm so glad they are back after Jules passed away!

Thanks for all your support! It took some time, but we wanted to come back with something really good. Hope you'll think it is too. The Big Blue Compressor was kind of a test case for us if we would be able to develop new plugins within Jules framework. And now we are convinced we can. But first we have to take care of some updates. 64-bit version for the Reverb is next in line.

I can't believe that only one people has commented the sound so far. I wasn't looking to buy myself another compressor, but after testing this I can't do nothing else but to add it to my shopping list. I love the smooth drive of this compressor. The way it can pump the synth bass with longer attack times is amazing. Only thing in the vst land that I know that does something similar is AA CL series compressors. Big blue works really well on the edm drumbus (don't know anything about acoustic drums). It works just as well on single channels. The only thing I don't like it so far is the masterbus. Just for the record, I prefer cytomic glue and elysia alpha for the masterbus. I am rarely impressed by compressor plugins as I find that most of them sound very similar to each other. This is not the case with Big Blue. It can do tons of gain reduction and still sound good.

I can't wait what you guys are bringing out next. Thumbs up!
8)

I love the sound of this compressor. Have used it on acoustic drums and it sounds great!!

what ^^^ they said. really cool and unique comp. I thought I'm already covered with comps....
I found it best on tracks rather than buses.

This is absolutely brilliant track compressor. :love:
Great work 112dB! I'm not sure I like the GUI though, it's like wearing yellow eyeglasses all the time. :D

nouschbusch wrote: But first we have to take care of some updates. 64-bit version for the Reverb is next in line.
:love:

I'm having lot's of expenses on the way, so unfortunately can't even think about getting this little sweet thingy, but I'm so glad you guys overcame this tragedy. Redline reverb is by far my most favorite reverb, use it all the time. I really wished your company recovered and here we go! :) Love you guys...

first to 112,

a sincere and warm welcome back!

what i am demoing is definitely different to what is on 112 page and on kvr news page screenshot, i have no choke function, the gui is missing a few buttons,

i have no sidechain, monitor, rms or peak buttons, and all the dials are placed in different spots to the screenshot.

downloaded only a little while ago, mac vst 32 bit in studio one

Many plugins have beautiful GUI's but sound ugly. I prefer it the other way around :)
But I definitely agree that the GUI could be much better. The dirty yellow looks like someone has been smoking cigarettes inside my virtual studio :hihi:
But the main thing for me is the way it sounds. And this is where this plugin delievers.

I am very glad that the demo perioid is 60 days. It's certainly enough for me to get get really familiar with this compressor, and to also see if it's actually being used in any projects.
I wish more companies had demos like this.

ttoz wrote:first to 112,

what i am demoing is definitely different to what is on 112 page and on kvr news page screenshot, i have no choke function, the gui is missing a few buttons,

i have no sidechain, monitor, rms or peak buttons, and all the dials are placed in different spots to the screenshot.
You are completely right. That was an old beta version that someone had mistakenly named 1.0.0 and everybody totally forgot about, but apparently was still somewhere on the site. Unfortunately computers don't forget :-( I've corrected the mistake. You can download the right version here:

http://112db.com/bigblue/compressor/?latest

Many many apologies, and thanks for mentioning this,

--nousch

How about an alternative GUI something like this for instance:
(quick and brutal mockup. knobs need a bit color)

This one looks much better to me :wink:

Thanks!
112db folks, please feel free to use that as a starting point if it's good enough. :)

Nice! We definitely intend to add some alternative skins, so good ideas are more than welcome!

Return to “Effects”