Tone2 Saurus Teaser - Competition - KVR Giveaway

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

ooopsss ... did i miss something?

redbull academy :-o :uhuhuh:

tagged: Wagner, Bayreuth, Dragonblood, Opera, Soprano, Bariton, Siegfried, Kriemhild
"It dreamed itself along"

Wow, it's crazy how easily threads about new synths here at KVR could turn into a flame war. I'll try to not to contribute to that flame war and instead go back playing with the synth mentioned (both Saurus and Diva and Synthmaster too...).

My own comparison of Saurus and Diva was not for or against any of the both synths. It was just a comparison and to show Saurus could sound analog like and not to show it could sound exactly like Diva.
So this is hopefully my last Saurus vs Diva comment in this thread.

BTW it seems to be always a problem if developers are talking negative about products of other developers in public. Of course i also understand that they want to defend themselves (And their products) if they have the opinion that someone talks nonsense about their product.
As i do sound design myself i try to stay neutral or positive when i comment the work of other sound designers. If i find some sounds bad i usually either say nothing or comment it at a non-public place (e.g. PM).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

himalaya wrote:Have you really missed all that I wrote, the whole sense of all that I wrote and contributed? [...] perhaps try to see everything in its right context
Oh right. So I guess we're in agreement that cherry picking and then misrepresenting someone else's words in a way that distorts their position to one which is more easily refuted - aka building a strawman - that would be the sign of a poor argument, yeah?

-
Last edited by hakey on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ingonator wrote:
My own comparison of Saurus and Diva was not for or against any of the both synths. It was just a comparison and to show Saurus could sound analog like and not to show it could sound exactly like Diva.
So this is hopefully my last Saurus vs Diva comment in this thread.

Ingo
Ingo, that's what my input and intention was as well.

Sigh. :(
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:The Diva example should be taken in relation to pdxindy's Saurus feedback demo. That is the comparison, not my Saurus clip in your quote!

Please, do not be offended, and perhaps try to see everything in its right context.
I'm not offended and don't want to take anything on a personal level here. I respect you and your opinion. I understand what you're saying about pdxindie's demo. I must have missed those bits of the conversation.
You were presenting two audios in your post to show that Saurus sounds "full, musical, with a woody quality" while you post a sound of Diva which has no chance to sound "full, musical, with a woody quality" when it is played several octaves higher. I wonder how these two exact sounds would compare if you would exchange only the midi of both?
You say that this was done to give all the right context? Not everybody is following the whole conversation and still listens to your examples. You don't think that this could lead to a false conclusion?

hakey wrote:
himalaya wrote:Have you really missed all that I wrote, the whole sense of all that I wrote and contributed? [...] perhaps try to see everything in its right context
Oh right. So I guess we're in agreement that cherry picking and then misrepresenting someone else's words in a way that distorts their position to one which is more easily refuted - aka building a strawman - that would be the sign of a poor argument, yeah?

-
Oh no. Again. :(

I already replied to that. Perhaps you missed it? In short, I used your first reactions to those clips. There was no manipulation of your text or building a 'strawman'. Read all again. ok?

himalaya wrote:Read all again. ok?
Edit - I missed your reply.

Okay, friends. :)
Last edited by hakey on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

chacka wrote:I must have missed those bits of the conversation.
Then please follow, at least the very recent flow of conversation, as what you wriote has smeared my character, and that's not what you should be doing, right?
Not everybody is following the whole conversation and still listens to your examples. You don't think that this could lead to a false conclusion?
I can't have the power for people to read a page back. That's all you had to do before you showed me in bad light. I was talking with pdxindy and the flow was obvious, what was refered to what.

hakey wrote:
himalaya wrote:In short, I used your first reactions to those clips. There was no manipulation of your text or building a 'strawman'. Read all again. ok?
cherry picking *is* manipulation
Cherry picking? Or seeing your first reaction to the clips. It is always the first reaction in comparisons like this that counts.

...I'm off to go make some music, good day.
Eternitysound VST Banks

himalaya wrote:
chacka wrote:I must have missed those bits of the conversation.
Then please follow, at least the very recent flow of conversation, as what you wriote has smeared my character, and that's not what you should be doing, right?
Not everybody is following the whole conversation and still listens to your examples. You don't think that this could lead to a false conclusion?
I can't have the power for people to read a page back. That's all you had to do before you showed me in bad light. I was talking with pdxindy and the flow was obvious, what was refered to what.
I don't want to smear your character. I just tried very politely to be on topic. And my "I might have missed something" comments were obviously too polite, sorry for that. Can we just leave it at that? No hard feelings here. :)

himalaya wrote:Cherry picking?
see above edited post

And I still say there was cherry picking in order to misrepresent my position - I hadn't commented upon how analog or otherwise Saurus sounded, yet the misidentification of what was or wasn't analog was the theme of your post.

That theme was more-or-less "ha! fooled you - you can't tell which is which".

Thing is I had never claimed I could... and furthermore you neglected to include a comment in which I clearly indicated I couldn't - that is cherry picking and a classic strawman.

hakey wrote:
himalaya wrote:Read all again. ok?
Edit - I missed your reply.

Okay, friends. :)
Excellente! :)

himalaya wrote:
hakey wrote:friends. :)
Excellente! :)
8)

Without reading all 81 pages...is the giveaway still going on? If so, this is my reply (again)

8)

Return to “Instruments”